NWZ A810 Playlists

Rate this question

Uconn Husky

Question

I just bought the A810 walkman and its a nice device. I used drag drop to copy my music onto the device. Can someone suggest how to create a playlist onto the A810? It's too bad it doesn't support dynamic on the fly playlist creation. But I'm having problems getting a playlist created and transferred. What types of playlists does it support ? Any information will be appreciated.

9 answers to this question

I just bought the A810 walkman and its a nice device. I used drag drop to copy my music onto the device. Can someone suggest how to create a playlist onto the A810? It's too bad it doesn't support dynamic on the fly playlist creation. But I'm having problems getting a playlist created and transferred. What types of playlists does it support ? Any information will be appreciated.

Hi, the A81* should be capable of on the go playlisting. When you are on the now playing screen bring up the options menu. There you should see the bookmark options. It´s called bookmark on Sony Walman players and it works really nice imo.

Hi, the A81* should be capable of on the go playlisting. When you are on the now playing screen bring up the options menu. There you should see the bookmark options. It´s called bookmark on Sony Walman players and it works really nice imo.

unfortunately, the NWZ-A81* doesn't have that function. I forgot to include that in my review. I'm kinda surprised they killed off the ability to do the on-the-fly playlists, since all the older HD ones had that capability..

unfortunately, the NWZ-A81* doesn't have that function. I forgot to include that in my review. I'm kinda surprised they killed off the ability to do the on-the-fly playlists, since all the older HD ones had that capability..

:o That´s a major bummer. I can´t believe they killed that feature. Isn´t there any other way of on the fly playlisting on the device?

Please....

UH!???

Is it possible to copy the ones created within WMP, at least?

I was able to copy the playlist from WMP 11 - only thing is it copies the mp3s into 1 directory along with the playlist.

Question: I wanted to preserve the folder layout of the music and when synching with WMP it doesn't - all the files are placed into 1 directory. I'ld like to maintain the folder structure of my music AND have the playlists transferred correctly referring to that folder structure. Can that be done ?

Hmm if this is true, I'm happy I bought an 808 just before the 818 came out.... :) I don't have any problems with sonicstage and my WMP library is such a mess that I don't really want synchronize.... Anyway, I'm getting off-topic, main thing is: Unbelieveble to hear that the 818 doesn't have the "bookmarksystem" like the 808 has. :blink:

I was able to copy the playlist from WMP 11 - only thing is it copies the mp3s into 1 directory along with the playlist.

Question: I wanted to preserve the folder layout of the music and when synching with WMP it doesn't - all the files are placed into 1 directory. I'ld like to maintain the folder structure of my music AND have the playlists transferred correctly referring to that folder structure. Can that be done ?

Anyone ??

Hmm, I just tried creating a .m3u playlist with foobar2000 and drag-and-dropping it over, and it gave me a confirmation window saying it could transport the file but not use it. My walkman is still charging, so I haven't actually tried to play the playlist yet, but I'm fairly positive it won't work. The manual was no help here either.

I guess we'll have to wait for Media Manager.