Media Manager here soon!

Rate this question

aob9

Question

17 answers to this question

looks pretty useless (at least for music, which is all I care about). nothing WMP can't do. No gapless (SHOCK!). not even on the fly playlists?

On-the-fly playlists would be from a firmware update, not from the Media Manager software

onwards..

it doesn't specify conversions of video before transfering, but the footnote shows that you need to have quicktime 7.2 installed... hopefully it works in conjunction with quicktime to convert files before transfering.. just have to wait til ~ 11/23/07 to see what comes of it

On-the-fly playlists would be from a firmware update, not from the Media Manager software

onwards..

it doesn't specify conversions of video before transfering, but the footnote shows that you need to have quicktime 7.2 installed... hopefully it works in conjunction with quicktime to convert files before transfering.. just have to wait til ~ 11/23/07 to see what comes of it

You would require Quicktime or similar software for MPEG-4 / AVC (H.264/AVC) support. I do no thing that Quicktime would be required for convert and transfering files, just for viewing them. I might be wrong but I always thought that Quicktime Pro was the only version that could support converting files.

From what I understand about Media Manager is that it include an RSS reader for video files, same as the feature included in Image Convert. Thus, I would suspect that this software would include the same features as Image Convert. Also, it should include an RSS reader for Audio files some that is greatly missed.

Here is a screenshot of the upcoming winamp 5.5 gui. Looks good imo. If it turns out good winamp might evolve into the weapon of choice for mtp based players.

Encoders built into winamp a top noth incl he-aac and the possibility to tie in lame. We will see.

http://stashbox.org/36898/10781315820-Main-Window.png

http://stashbox.org/36900/Bento1.jpg

Edited by ceres

I have purchased NWZ-S618F.

My winamp 5.34 can see my Sony WAlkman mp3 player and can send mp3 songs to it from the playlist editor.

But winamp playlists are not accepted by/compatible with my Sony WAlkman.

Is there a firmware update for the player or a plugin for my Winamp so that the winamp playlists can become compatible with the Sony NWZ-S618F?

I want to find a way to make winamp playlists playable with my Sony NWZ-S618F.

I do not like Windows Media Player very much and I don't want to use it only to create playlists for the Sony mp3 player.

Edit: Problem solved. I used Winamp Media Library, chose the playlist I wanted, pressed right mousebutton, opted for Send playlist to Portable Sony... and the both the songs and the playlist were imported to the mp3 player with one click.

Edit: I found the way to do it with just a simple click of the right mousebutton..

Edited by w4tt4n4b3

Unfortunately, the software is mostly rubbish - at least for music. As has been noted elsewhere, it does not know what a playlist is - not even standard .m3u formatted playlists. So right now - I'm using three applications to manage my player - Winamp (for Playlists); MediaManager (for Video), and Napster. It's great that the app is flexible enough to support all of these apps.... (I can even "rent" audiobooks from my library and send them to the player using their app - it is so "un-Sony")... however - it would be nice if MediaManager at least did playlists.

Unfortunately, the software is mostly rubbish - at least for music. As has been noted elsewhere, it does not know what a playlist is - not even standard .m3u formatted playlists. So right now - I'm using three applications to manage my player - Winamp (for Playlists); MediaManager (for Video), and Napster. It's great that the app is flexible enough to support all of these apps.... (I can even "rent" audiobooks from my library and send them to the player using their app - it is so "un-Sony")... however - it would be nice if MediaManager at least did playlists.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out regarding the software. I somehow missed it on the Sony website.

After downloading it and trying it out, I am VERY disappointed in the software. No video conversion unless we hand over thirteen dollars, what a kick in the pants. Why even add video capability without software to convert video to play on the unit. Instead of following suit with everyone else, Sony should have provided this for free as a way to help promote their player. Oh well.

I may have to take mine back anyway. When I had Vista on my PC, it worked perfectly. It still works perfectly on my wife's PC and our PS3, BUT it will connect to my PC for about 10 seconds and then disconnect. I bought a USB 2.0 card thinking it was my PC's internal USB ports...no dice. Something is going on with XP and I have no clue what to do....grrrr.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out regarding the software. I somehow missed it on the Sony website.

After downloading it and trying it out, I am VERY disappointed in the software. No video conversion unless we hand over thirteen dollars, what a kick in the pants. Why even add video capability without software to convert video to play on the unit. Instead of following suit with everyone else, Sony should have provided this for free as a way to help promote their player. Oh well.

I may have to take mine back anyway. When I had Vista on my PC, it worked perfectly. It still works perfectly on my wife's PC and our PS3, BUT it will connect to my PC for about 10 seconds and then disconnect. I bought a USB 2.0 card thinking it was my PC's internal USB ports...no dice. Something is going on with XP and I have no clue what to do....grrrr.

Do you have MPT or USB Mass Storage drivers installed for your Walkman on your xp machine?

I once had some issues with my NWZ-S616F player, didn't want to connect at all through USB. I suspected it was something related to Windows Media Player 11 so I downloaded it again and re-installed it and the player worked again. Try reinstalling WMP11 from microsoft.com, hope this helps.