question about A818 and S610

Rate this topic

kansai

hi i m a newbi...i m using Samsung K5 4GB.....is greate.but the sound quality compared with Sony mp3 player....is bad...

the reason i m using K5 because i had A808 before.....it was a great mp3 player...with graphic and things..the reason i gave up on that player....is becuase it doesnt show chinese in the play list...and that stupid Sonic Stage program sucks like crap...so i ended up with K5

however since there is that new A818 and S70....i think i will buy another mp3 player....since is worth the money..

so here are the questions....

1. does A818 or S610 used Sonic Stage? if not what other program is using? can it transfer all the music?

2. which one is better A818 or S610...?

3. which one got the better sound quality A818 or S610?

thnx very much poeple many thnx.......

Edited by kansai

Same sound quality but better earphones with the A818

They do not use SonicStage, they use Drag N Drop and syncs well with Windows Media Player but should work with any OS.

I prefer the S610 for the FM radio but ppl like the looks of the A818 better its a personal preference

The A818 has 2inch while the S618 is only 1.8 screen

Same sound quality but better earphones with the A818

They do not use SonicStage, they use Drag N Drop and syncs well with Windows Media Player but should work with any OS.

I prefer the S610 for the FM radio but ppl like the looks of the A818 better its a personal preference

The A818 has 2inch while the S618 is only 1.8 screen

so u r saying.......they have the same quality? wow.....S610 is worth to buy ....

but does A818 shows chinese or japanese?? becuase A808 dont show either japanese or Chinese

can i create play lists from that program that comes with the player?

Yes, I have the S618F Silver as well and the sound is identical to the A810/A800 if you compare them with the same headphone.

Since I already own a pair of EX71 and didn't want to pay extras, I went for the S618 instead of the A800/A818. (Also because of FM tuner, I can listen to my NHL games when returning from class!)

Chinese/Korean/Japanese letters are shown on my player perfectly so far. I doubt there will be any problem displaying them because the player has multi-language support for the menu similar to the PSP.

The S618's playlists can be created from Windows Media Player/Rhapsody/etc...

There is a CD that comes with the package:

- Windows Media Player 11 Installer

- Mp3 Conversion Tool (converts your ATRAC files back into MP3)

- Operation Guide in pdf format

That's about it.

Yes, I have the S618F Silver as well and the sound is identical to the A810/A800 if you compare them with the same headphone.

Since I already own a pair of EX71 and didn't want to pay extras, I went for the S618 instead of the A800/A818. (Also because of FM tuner, I can listen to my NHL games when returning from class!)

Chinese/Korean/Japanese letters are shown on my player perfectly so far. I doubt there will be any problem displaying them because the player has multi-language support for the menu similar to the PSP.

The S618's playlists can be created from Windows Media Player/Rhapsody/etc...

There is a CD that comes with the package:

- Windows Media Player 11 Installer

- Mp3 Conversion Tool (converts your ATRAC files back into MP3)

- Operation Guide in pdf format

That's about it.

umm......can u create play list in A818?

so there is no problem displaying chinese or japanese song title in A818 right?

It's unfortunate Kansai that you encountered language display problems with your ex A808, but I can honestly tell you that my A808 can display Japanese and Chinese text together without problems. I have Japanese and Chinese playlist too as shown in the attached images.

However as other people have mentioned here the newer A818 doesn't have bookmarks that you can create on-the-fly, but I'm sure it will display other languages just fine.

man.....it sucks man......i went to Eaton Center today......to buy NWZA816B.....but the saleperson told me they only see .....S610 and stick looking mp3 player.......man i was so disspointed................and i asked is there any sony stores that sells NWZA816B ......he told me no.....they only carry those 2 kind of mp3 players.....

so Canada dont have NWZA816B yet? but i went to Sony.ca.......they have NWZA816B on the list....

so confusing......

The A810 series is only sold in the website and Sony Store only carries the new S610 series for now.

Sony Canada's Press states the following:

"The NWZ-A810 series will be available exclusively online at www.sonystyle.ca and at Sony stores across Canada later this Fall"

Here's link if you want more info: http://sony.ca/view/press_419.htm

Edited by bryue

Yeah, I would recommend an upgrade on the headphones if you're getting the S610.

You don't miss much if you don't go for the A810. In fact, I believe the S610 was a better deal than A810.

With CAD being on par with USD, I bought the EX90sl from ebay for less than $90 CAD (shipping included) from Japan and had no extra custom duty fees.

To sum up:

S618 + EX90sl + FM Tuner

I think it's better than

A818 + EX082

Then again, it will only depend if you are able to buy online or not.

Same internals so same sounds, just ditch the bundled earphones and get some good ones and it will sound just as good

oh ya?

so A818 and S617 got same specs.....except smaller screen...and crappy headphones? thats all?

wow.....ohh...so if i want to buy buy the head phone that A816 uses......how much is that? and whats the model call?

which one is a better deal? buy S617 and buy a new phone......

or buy A816...and dont need to buy a head phone.......

Edited by kansai

so since A816 is not avaible in Canada....except online......

so should i go for S610? and buy a new head phone as well?

or just buy A815 from Sony.ca?

by the way......S615 can show chinese title no problem right? and i dont need to use Sonic stage to transfer songs right? buecase that problem sucks like crap..........

Edited by kansai

For transfers, simply drag the file and drop into the mp3 player just like the A810. I don't think that there is a simpler solution than that.

I haven't found any issue at displaying any Asian letters on the unit.

The choice on which one to buy is yours while we can only help you sort out the factors based on your needs.

For transfers, simply drag the file and drop into the mp3 player just like the A810. I don't think that there is a simpler solution than that.

I haven't found any issue at displaying any Asian letters on the unit.

The choice on which one to buy is yours while we can only help you sort out the factors based on your needs.

ohh.....i see...thnx alot man.....but i m just wondering......can i create play lists by that cd rom program?

nice i bought it today.....i love it.....i bought the red one....4 gb......sounds greate.......after i changed to MDEX 85 head phone.....haha .....the head phone that comes with the players.....sounds very bad.....only good for those ppl like heavy Bass

total for mp3 player and head phone...is about $260 cdn

it shows all the chinese characters...so good....but if A808 do the same....i will change it.....haha but too bad....it use Sonic Stage

2 questions.....whats that black circular black stand for? i m looking for a silicon skin for my mp3 plyer....but i dont want to buy it from SOny store..becuase they sell it for unreasonable price.$34 cdn......thats crazy.....

does Ebay have it? or any other web sites? or any chiense mall in Toronto?