I received a voucher code for 10 tracks from the Connect store

Rate this topic

juli_

I recieved the following e-mail today with a voucher code for 10 free downloads. Did anyone else get the same e-mail? I'm wondering if it's genuine.

We would like to remind you that you have an account registered with the Sony CONNECT Music Store accessible via www.connect-europe.com or your SonicStage music management software

If you wish to update your profile including any personal information, address and payment details, newsletter and privacy settings, please log in to your account by using your CONNECT username below and password (or mySonyID and password if you have one).

To retrieve your password, please click on this link

Many thanks for your consideration,

Your CONNECT Music Store team

YOUR PERSONAL VOUCHER CODE

In addition we are pleased to offer you the following code valid for 10 free tracks to download on CONNECT*

This is your CONNECT store voucher code : xxxxxxxxx

Promotional code is valid until 31/12/2007

How to claim your free tracks: click here for more detailed instructions

*Full terms and conditions available here

I didnt receive anything yet.

You didn't? I wonder if it's a spoof mail. I was just about to click on the 'link' for more detailed instructions, when I thought I should ask if anyone else received it.

Last month I got an e-mail from Friendsreunited to say someone had left me a message on the site, so I clicked on the link, and there were no new messages at all.

I didn't think anything of it until I started to get bombarded with spam a few days later.

I don't want the same thing to happen, so I'll wait and see if anyone else got the voucher code too.

I recieved the following e-mail today with a voucher code for 10 free downloads. Did anyone else get the same e-mail? I'm wondering if it's genuine.

Juli, It smells like phishing :sad: .

If you can find out about Connect/Sony Europe has a privacy officers, so you can forward the email you received to them.

This smells :excl:If you wish to update your profile including any personal information, address and payment details, newsletter and privacy settings, please log in to your account by using your CONNECT username below and password (or mySonyID and password if you have one). :excl:

So I chose 10 tracks and it accepted the voucher code. . . and then nothing downloaded at all!

I shut down SS - restarted, and the tracks are just sitting there with no way of forcing a download.

Guess I'll have to e-mail Sony :(

EDIT: I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see I had to press 'order now'. Once I did that, the tracks started downloading! Nice surprise to

get 10 free tracks out of the blue like that :)

Edited by juli

If you've purchased a A80x recently in Europe and register your serial no. on Sony site you should get this voucher for 10 free connect downloads as I've did.

Except that I've had my A800 for about 3 months now and I already had the free downloads. That's why I was so surprised to get the e-mail.

ARENT YOU ALL A SUSPICIOUS LOT!!

djamylee, I think the word is 'cautious' which, given the abundance of phishing e-mails circulating now, seems like a sensible reaction

Anyway, it all turned out OK in the end :)

Except that I've had my A800 for about 3 months now and I already had the free downloads. That's why I was so surprised to get the e-mail.

djamylee, I think the word is 'cautious' which, given the abundance of phishing e-mails circulating now, seems like a sensible reaction

Anyway, it all turned out OK in the end :)

I am kind of glad it seem to have worked out. It was me that believed it was phishing, partly because of information that it requested in the copy of the email sent.

I am kind of glad it seem to have worked out. It was me that believed it was phishing, partly because of information that it requested in the copy of the email sent.

When you mentioned phishing, it made perfect sense to me, having been 'bitten' by the Friendsreunited spoof e-mail.

And I think it makes very god sense to be cautious of any e-mail that asks for personal account information via a 'link'.

The thing that made me the most suspicious was Sony offering me something for 'free'. . . :D

I've had my A3000 for nearly two years now and got an email yesterday offering me Buy One Get One Free on 50 selected albums from Connect. I clicked on the link, it took me to the Connect store, but then came up with "Unknown error - please try later"

The offer doesn't end until 30th November so I guess I'll keep trying. I THINK it's genuine...

I've had my A3000 for nearly two years now and got an email yesterday offering me Buy One Get One Free on 50 selected albums from Connect. I clicked on the link, it took me to the Connect store, but then came up with "Unknown error - please try later"

The offer doesn't end until 30th November so I guess I'll keep trying. I THINK it's genuine...

Debbie, I'm always wary of clicking on any link within an e-mail. Try going directly to the Connect store first. If you have a voucher code (like I did), then as atown suggested, it will either work, or it won't. But I do advise trying this from the Connect store, not the link.

If you didn't get a voucher code - then keep your fingers crossed. . . :lol:

Edited by juli

• 2 weeks later...

When you mentioned phishing, it made perfect sense to me, having been 'bitten' by the Friendsreunited spoof e-mail.

And I think it makes very god sense to be cautious of any e-mail that asks for personal account information via a 'link'.

The thing that made me the most suspicious was Sony offering me something for 'free'. . . :D

I have found this promotion for UK NW-A800 series owners from Sony CONNECT Music store. It seems that all you need is to live in UK and have purchased a NW-A800 series Network Walkman. It is only valid for customers residing in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Australia and Switzerland. It is valid until December 31, 2007.

Here is the link: NW-A800 UK-promotion

Sony from time to time has various promotion, but this is the most generous one that I have encountered. However, I will not be able to take advantage of this.