NWZ-A810 Gets CNET Editor's Choice Award

Rate this question

navsimpson

Question

17 answers to this question

The A810 shouldn't become too popular. It's great to have an exclusive player like this, most of my friends have players from Iaudio (just like I had, I was the first with an Iaudio :lol: ) They became Iaudio-fans, but when I showed them my sony about 2 months ago they were surprised to hear a device sounding better than their Iaudio's. The sony gives a more natural sound (no really need for sound enhancements, I don't even use the EQ, since it sounds better without it) Iaudio's have a great EQ, but without "pimping" the sound it doesn't sound too good B)

The A810 shouldn't become too popular. B)

Wow. Losing SonicStage seems to have improve the popularity of the NWZ-A810 series. However, I do not see Sony doing away with SonicStage in Japan any time soon. Now, other maybe can appreacitate why many of use have being buying Network Walkmans. However, I will have to agree with Rens on this one.

So, does Sony start bribing Cnet now? :D The Creative Zen is rated higher (the only bad thing listed for the Zen is the color and capacity), but didn't get Editor's Choice. Go figure.

You are the most negative person I have ever seen... going around various sites and criticizing for many years. :lol:

Anyways, it seems like droping SS and allowing others programs and drag-n-drop to manage NWZ-A810 is proving successful. One thing that site doesn't mention is linear PCM support.

Edited by Zizone

You are the most negative person I have ever seen... going around various sites and criticizing for many years. :lol:

Nope, more like critical thinking. You can never have any improvement if you are not learning from the criticism against you. :)

Nope, more like critical thinking. You can never have any improvement if you are not learning from the criticism against you. :)

True true... But lately, Sony USA has answered some important issues such as moving away from SS and now thus supporting most Kanji.

Edited by Zizone

So, does Sony start bribing Cnet now? :D The Creative Zen is rated higher (the only bad thing listed for the Zen is the color and capacity), but didn't get Editor's Choice. Go figure.

I heared, the Zen's have much worse sound quality, than the new Walkman's. This is the most important thing for an mp3 player.

My b/f has a Zen Touch and I can confirm the SQ doesn't touch my Sony. He actually agrees the Zen is far inferior to the Sony but he also doesn't care about SQ unless it's really bad, and the Zen isn't awful - but no way does it come near the 706 or 808.

I had the Vision:M for a week (nice screen and easy transfer) but SQ didn't cut it for me

Edited by juli

I heared, the Zen's have much worse sound quality, than the new Walkman's. This is the most important thing for an mp3 player.

Are you the CNET editor? I'm talking about how CNET game the Zen a higher rating, yet gave the Editor's choice to Sony.

Wow. Losing SonicStage seems to have improve the popularity of the NWZ-A810 series. However, I do not see Sony doing away with SonicStage in Japan any time soon. Now, other maybe can appreacitate why many of use have being buying Network Walkmans. However, I will have to agree with Rens on this one.

I forgot to tell that I have the A800 (and happy with it, since is has more features than the 810 and I don't have any problems with SS so far...)

Are you the CNET editor? I'm talking about how CNET game the Zen a higher rating, yet gave the Editor's choice to Sony.

It's hard to take these reviews seriously. Various ipods have been criticized for poor battery life, build quality, SQ, practicalities and many other things in the past and yet still receive an 'Award of Merit' from the very same reviewers. The only way to get subjective info is on forums such as AtracLife. Of course we heavily rely on the 'guinea pigs' to go out and purchase the new devices on our behalf.

Edited by aob9