Looking for Cases for my nw-a806 in uk

Rate this question

KnightStalker

Question

15 answers to this question

basically as title, looking for a case for it, something with a clip maybe, or just something that will protect the body and screen from damage in my pocket

I don't know of any with a clip, but I use the hard clear case (which still allows access to all the functions).

I bought mine from eBay but I've seen them for sale now at Argos. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...text%3ESONY.htm

eeek thats expensive in argos, ill have a look on ebay, but theres alot of "no-name" things about, and you dont know what sort of quality your getting :(

I didn't buy a 'no-name' one from eBay, I wouldn't dream of insulting my 808 with a cheap copy! I bought a Sony one from a seller who stocked them before they were available anywhere else. It cost £17 plus £2 postage so it turned out to be more expensive than Argos! :lol:

£17.99, that's the right price here in the UK :)

And while it's expensive, I'm really glad I have one. The other day I was listening outside in the garden and I didn't have the neck strap attached (which I normally do) - and then the cat jumped on my lap, startled me, and I jumped up. It was one of those awful moments when there's nothing you can do to stop what happens next.

As I jumped up, the headphones were yanked out of my ears and the player went crashing to the ground. Thank God I had the cover. The screen would have been smashed to pieces, no doubt about that. For the £19 I paid, it saved me having to buy another 808. It was a really heart-plumetting moment, I think I even covered my eyes as I couldn't stand to watch!

And while it's expensive, I'm really glad I have one. The other day I was listening outside in the garden and I didn't have the neck strap attached (which I normally do) - and then the cat jumped on my lap, startled me, and I jumped up. It was one of those awful moments when there's nothing you can do to stop what happens next.

As I jumped up, the headphones were yanked out of my ears and the player went crashing to the ground. Thank God I had the cover. The screen would have been smashed to pieces, no doubt about that. For the £19 I paid, it saved me having to buy another 808. It was a really heart-plumetting moment, I think I even covered my eyes as I couldn't stand to watch!

Is the case cracked or scratched?

does it bulk up the player, so at least in my pocket i can actually feel it, ive got some jeans with deep pockets and i keep forgetting its there, and its almost been in the washing machine twice, but i remembered at the last minute

Yes it does. I always felt the 808 was too thin and the clear case just makes it feel sturdier. It bulks it up the perfect amount

KnightStalker - you can save a whole £1 on the clear case at Amazon. It's a mere £15.99 LOL

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CKHNWA800-Cle...8822&sr=1-8

By the way, the link you posted to i-nique's selection of cases: They sell on Amazon.co.uk too so I wouldn't be overly concerned about the quality, but they don't sell the clear hard cases, only the silicon ones. I've never had luck with applying screen protectors, I always end up with a rogue corner sticking up or bubbles that won't go away. And anyway, if the 808 took a hard knock (as mine did), the screen protector would be useless.

I had a silicon one from Portapro but didn't like it as it looked like a giant condom and the screen protector had to be purchased separately.

By the time you've paid out for that, there's not a lot of difference in price between that and the hard case.

Also, the 808 felt limp and squashy in the condom case.

The hard case is lovely as you can still see the player clearly through it, and the buttons are really responsive.

Edited by juli

does it bulk up the player, so at least in my pocket i can actually feel it, ive got some jeans with deep pockets and i keep forgetting its there, and its almost been in the washing machine twice, but i remembered at the last minute

On my flight back from the US mine dropped. the cover protected it. As good and new looking as when I brought it. As for the bulk up issue, only slightly.

I heartily recommend the Sony CKHNWA800 hard Clear Polycarbonate Case. It really protects the A80* and even enhances the look of it (the white one any way). It adds to the size of the player in a good way as the A80* feels just a little bit too small in my opinion.

The rubber buttons function very well and the slot at the bottom allows easy access to the headphone jack and port connector. There is also a hole to access the reset button and another for the hold slider and also another for the attachment lug.