Group by Album Artist on A818?

Rate this question

kwangomango

Question

I am sure i read an article on here somewhere that said 'Album Artist' tag would take priority over 'Artist'. I mean in the context of having compilation albums where individual tracks are tagged with the specific artist. I tried giving them all the same 'Album Artist' but still they appear as individual albums on the A818. Should this be the case?

Edited by kwangomango

3 answers to this question

I am sure i read an article on here somewhere that said 'Album Artist' tag would take priority over 'Artist'. I mean in the context of having compilation albums where individual tracks are tagged with the specific albums. I tried giving them all the same 'Album Artist' but still they appear as individual albums on the A818. Should this be the case?

Did you give them all the same album name also?

I have edited my post as i think it wasn't clear.

All songs have the different 'Artist' but the same 'Album' and same 'Album Artist'. On the Walkman should they only appear under the specified Album Artist?

I would think if they all have the same "album name", then the compilation should appear as an album when browsing by album, and if the "album artist" is "various artists", then that's where it will show up when browsing by artist.

Why not just browse by folder?