Pricing Of Nwz-a8xx in the philippines

Rate this question

Bobbynoah

Question

I recently research about the sound quality of the nwza8xx walkman and all that's been said about it is that it has superior sound than any other mp3 player today... Specially among the top selling brand in the pass.

But i cannot just imagine how high the prices of this walkman is done in the Phil.. Can u imagine 100$ 2 gb in U.S is sold here for about 250 that wud be 13000php in here. And the Nano3 8 gb is being sold for only 215$. Is sony serious about their prospective consumer. Sales of ipod is not merely affected by their marketing, but is mostly so by their availability in most countries with almost similar price. Not to mention the walkman being sold here is the 800's not the 810's. Iv been to almost all the malls here in manila and i couldnt any sony store that sell most walkman. But the apple is everywhere. Even if i want to buy sony, i cant because they don't have it here, i found a few but with unimaginable prices...

18 answers to this question

bobbynoah,

I understand your situation. India is no exemption.

having so many outlets across the country, they are still unable to catch up apple interms of availability.

sony shd have in mind that nokia's india market is bigger than its us market, as simple as that.

I think products sold in developing countries is by some one from "sony overseas", They will find the most expensive model in japan market and put extra premium charge on it to sell in developing countries. If I compare those prices to japan or us it will be too ridiculous. I remember few months ago sony selling ps3 for more than 1000 dollars in India, while everybody in japan was crying about 500 dollars. I understand there is an import duty, but it is not so much.

I may try to ask them if they make deliveries overseas and if so how much would it cost. Anyway i know that this has been posted before, but is there any diffrence between the sound quality of 808 and 818. I believe that atrac format has still the best quality and compresion compared to acc.that;s why i still want the 808 reather than the 818, but maybe when they release the 818 they added something to it like a chip or something to make it better. do any of you guys got their hand on any of the 808,818, and s706nc units. Does all the sound diffrence they have is just from their earphones. And why can't sony up their walkman's SNR,. their 808,818 has 94db while some creative's dap has 96, not that this is the only thing that makes a plyer sound good but this definitely is one significant factor.

If your local Sony sells Walkman at that kind of price, then just buy it online. I have heard from many gamers from India and Australia that they imported PS3 for a better price, because their local countries sell PS3 at a very high price. So you can do the same for Walkman purchase. I did use Ebay and Yesasia before for such purpose, they worked alright. On the sq issue, i don't think any of the NW-A and S, NWZ-A and S Walkman will be bad for listening, sq is just a individual flavour, but you do need to consider there are some functional differences bewteen non atrac and atrac walkman, more info such as here http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4334

Edited by antiipod

Too bad i was planing to get the 808 because of atrac... How did it cost you for that order?

1.>>>>>>>>>>>Anybody here knows whats the Signal to noise ratio of nw-s706 noise canceling walkman.Does it sell in canada ascariss.

2>>>>>>>>>>>>Some say that it has better sound that doesnt tire your ears, say about few hours of listening... Iv been searching for all the forum and reviews i can find but i guess those who have both players can actually compare and be more believable... thanx

We don't have the NW-S706 anymore on sale in any of the sony stores, it has been discontinued, I've not seen one in stores in a while, although some stores may still have one model left, but you would have to look far and wide. The sonystyle website removed it a while ago, and I can't find it anymore. So you may be out of luck there. Only other option is ebay or other vague online stores that carry older sony models.

not sure about the better sound quality, I've listened to my 818 for over 5 hours and it didn't tire my ears, again I've not used noise cancelling since I have ex-71s and they isolate the environment just enough for me.

as for my cost, in total I paid 235 can with shipping and duty taxes from the US, which is almost the same price as the 8 gig 600 series. I received my order within 2 working days from new york, and I am on the west coast of canada.

If your local Sony sells Walkman at that kind of price, then just buy it online. I have heard from many gamers from India and Australia that they imported PS3 for a better price, because their local countries sell PS3 at a very high price. So you can do the same for Walkman purchase. I did use Ebay and Yesasia before for such purpose, they worked alright. On the sq issue, i don't think any of the NW-A and S, NWZ-A and S Walkman will be bad for listening, sq is just a individual flavour, but you do need to consider there are some functional differences bewteen non atrac and atrac walkman, more info such as here http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4334

i got my imported ps3 from play-asia.com, i didn't know so many people have used it until i read from gamespot and playstation forum Australia, it's 450AUD for a 40GB PS3 and you pay for the postage fee, thanks to region free gaming and multivoltage in the Playstation3, that's a huge saving compare to the 699AUD 40GB model in Australia.

To bobby if it's not easy to get walkman in ur sony store, why don't you wait for the next year release, if u got the patience, in Australia walkman prices usually drop after a while, but they are still more expensive than other regions consistently

>>>>>>>>Hey guys i just want to if it is advisable to buy an Nw-s706 for 260u.s dollars? i believe that this unit is becoming rare now.

are the bundled n.c earphones with this unit is also covered by warranty?

thankssss

Hi Bob,

Why not get the A800 series instead?

Regards,

Jon (Alabang)

And mas mahal yun A800 dito compared to S706 sa pinaas

The A808 is more musical to my ears compared to A706 coz I own both. Yes I'm phil. nice chatting with you here.

I really enjoy A808 hooked to my RSA Headamp and driving my UE TF10pro IEM's with pailics plugs...very musical.

Regards,

Jon

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=69544.0