Sony NW-S718F HELP

Rate this question

trustee

Question

13 answers to this question

Apologies, I confused the players.

This one has the noise cancellation.

Then the player will have english installed on it, you will have to just find it in the options area. Most JDM units that are sold on ebay have english on them. Seeing as this is a normal NW-S, I would suspect it will come with sonicstage and have atrac on it still.

So no need to worry.

Here is the answer that I get from a japanese trader on ebay:

"The player menu can display in Japanese only, but we can provide you with a PDF manual of similar Sony player in English"

BR

I got exactly the same response from an ebay seller in Japan regarding the new 16gb NW-A919. Only Japanese menu display is available.

Edit - I think the only hope for us is that the Japanese public attach value to learning English, so it *may* be a possibility that the option for an English menu is available somewhere on the player. Certainly a lot of electronics have English displays, this would be quite a break from tradition if Sony were to adopt such a bias towards Japanese only.

Edited by kino170878

This is ridiculous but not really totally surprised knowing this is Sony we are talking about. So Sony is very determined to ditch SS and ATRAC outside of Japan. Not only they don't offer any of their new ATRAC players but they also make sure we don't want to import them by offering only Japanese menu.

BTw, Happy New Year to all.

Edited by metal

No I just get an e-mail from SONY and it says that atrac and "drag& drop" are not compatible because of SONY DRM which don't work without sonicstage so you have to choose between atrac + Sonicstage + Gapless (with atrac) and Drag & drop without atrac, sonicstage etc... Me I prefer atrac :-)