NWZ-E639F

Rate this question

Waqas

Question

Hi, I'm a former atraclife member, not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Problem:

Cover art images are really small when shown via "options->cover art"

The images are only marginally larger than the thumbnails, and there is a thick border around them.

The player is not scaling the cover art to fullscreen as it should do.

How do I fix this?

Found a solution; tracks transfered from sony media manager show this behavior, while tracks transfered by mediaplayer 11 are displayed in full screen.

9 answers to this question

Yep, Sony media manager is crap. The best way to tag tracks with album art is to right click on the tracks ( in WMP ), and use advanced tag editor. Always use WMP to transfer, drag and drop messes up album art as well.

WMP 11 doesn't have RSS feeds for podcasts/videos, and you can't transfer files to the podcast folder without media manger. What we need is a plugin for WMP 11, hopefully sony will take care of it.... :P

I understand, and my commets were based on the fact that I don't bother with podcasts. However, it doesn't take from the fact that Media Manager is rubbish. Anything that makes WMP look good can't be very inspiring. What really bugs me is that Sony finally sorted all the bugs and problems with Sonicstage and then PULLED it from the current line of Walkmans...............AAAAAAARGH........and then gave us Media Manager.......................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Just a quick update; found a way to add podcasts without using media manager.

Create a sub folder within the podcast folder and use that for transferring content. The Walkman doesn't see files in the main folder, only files in sub folders.

You can also change the driver in Vista from MTP to UMS, if you don't use DRM files; go into device manager, right click on Walkman and then click update driver, then manually pick the driver to use.

With the device set to UMS mode, there's no need for software to transfer content.

Everything works, including:

1. Cover art
  2. Years in tags
  3. Podcasts

This may be true, but most prefer to use a program to manage and sync their music collection. I personally have no use for drag and drop, some LOVE it. At the least, I'm merely providing an alternative option. J.River Media Jukebox works great as well, and some LOVE WMP11.

And as for the cover art, it only SOMETIMES works w/a Sony player, as I had no cover art show up on quite a few albums when I did drag and drop, for testing, on my A829, as well as my S639. Same for the date issue w/Sony dap's. And this is after editing the tags and embedding the .jpg's into said tags w/J.River, Media Monkey, and mp3tag.

PS: Ascariss is using drag and drop, and still has issues w/the date showing up. That's why I always recommend using a program to sync the Sony dap's.

http://forums.sonyinsider.com/index.php?showtopic=51

This may be true, but most prefer to use a program to manage and sync their music collection. I personally have no use for drag and drop, some LOVE it. At the least, I'm merely providing an alternative option. J.River Media Jukebox works great as well, and some LOVE WMP11.

And as for the cover art, it only SOMETIMES works w/a Sony player, as I had no cover art show up on quite a few albums when I did drag and drop, for testing, on my A829, as well as my S639. Same for the date issue w/Sony dap's. And this is after editing the tags and embedding the .jpg's into said tags w/J.River, Media Monkey, and mp3tag.

PS: Ascariss is using drag and drop, and still has issues w/the date showing up. That's why I always recommend using a program to sync the Sony dap's.

http://forums.sonyinsider.com/index.php?showtopic=51

I've had problems with tags not working, with some versions of ID3 tags and MTP mode, the workaround for me was to change the driver to UMS, not sure if the player supports ID3 v2.4, but all my tags are in ID3 v2.3 and year tag is working.

I've also had problems with cover art, if the embedded jpg file was too large in size or dímensions, a safe choice was to restrict resoluiton to 500x500 and size to 100kb max.