Replace the Microdrive of A1000

Rate this question

zachtan

Question

11 answers to this question

I pondered the same idea a while back even asking a person working at nokia if they could look at the plans for the a1000 and help me out, but then the nwz-a818 came out and my need for a new flash player was provided, still would be nice to have an a1000 with flash or even the a3000 with flash in it.

Hi guys,

it's been a while but I actually have a NW-A1200 with a broken HDD. I opened it up and I came up with the same Idea.

The device starts up now and recognizes the flashcard (I was able to let it initialize it on its own) but when I connect to sonicstage it says ''System error No. 032'' and hangs itself.

So If any-one has suggestions, I'll be happy to try them out.

greetz!

Tried luck today, same effect.

But, palmusers had a same problem, and they overrun it: http://howto.wikia.com/wiki/Howto_replace_..._Palm_LifeDrive

Reformatting/repartitioning a cf card should do the trick, but i have no cf adapter to try it out. Also, repartitiong would hurt card space (8gb CF will bedome a 6gb if i think good) but it's still good to try. Remember to dump sony's drive before doing it with a drive backup program (copying will not dump partition tables and MBR).

Necroposting.. ;D