NW-A806 no songs available error

Rate this question

sealable

Question

17 answers to this question

When I try to play some music I get this error message: "No songs available for playback. Please connect to compilant software or device and transfer songs". What should I do?

Have you tried reconnecting the player to the computer and letting SonicStage rebuild the database?

I had this error message once before (can't remember why now), but I just plugged it back in and let SS rebuild and it worked OK after that.

But how do I rebuild the database?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. You don't physically rebuild the database yourself. Once the device is connected back to the computer, the database should automatically be rebuilt. You didn't say whether you'd plugged it back in after the error message?

Now I understand! But, no, I get same error when I plugged the device and unplugged it. I tried to update the firmware, but that don't work either... :( I don't whant to lose every thing om the device!

OK, did you try the 'reset' yet? You won't lose your songs but it might fix the glitch you're experiencing.

And can you remember if, (prior to the problem) - you'd ever unplugged the unit while it was still 'busy'? That can cause corruption of the database, and effectively wipe out everything you have. But as you're getting the 'No songs are available for playback' message, I don't think it's corrupted.

Shamefully, I can't remember where the reset switch is. . . :blink:

That's a shame. I thought it might help. Hopefully, someone else will read this and offer other suggestions (that might work)

But I can't think of anything else other than what I've already suggested. What actually happened just before you got the error message? Can you remember when you got it? Was it working perfectly OK, and then suddenly an error message popped up? If you can give a little more information, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

I asked this before, but you didn't say - did you unplug it while it was transferring? Was it still 'busy' when you unplugged it? Or did it disconnect with no problems at all until you tried to plug it back in? If you can try and remember the details, it might be easier for other people to guide you in the right direction. I'm at a loss to know what else to suggest. . . sorry

I took som music into my mp3, and it was not bussy when I took it out. When I trun it on and click on "library" this message show up. (sorry about my English... :unsure:)

I have try to put it back and out from the computer... but this message is still left.

But I can still wach the videos and pictures in my mp3... and the songs is there in the SonicStage, like nothing never happens... :huh:

Thanks for youre help anyway! :)

Are you using SonicStage v.4.3? I had a similar problem when I bought my A808 a few weeks ago and tried to use it with v4.2 which I was using with my A3000. I upgraded to 4.3 and it's been fine since.

I had no trouble with the firmware upgrade. What problems did you have when you tried?

But if I remove all songs I have to get all my songs agan, becouse I don't have them left in my computer or the libary.. :sad: this happend to me onecs before, then I tryed to copy the songs to the computer, but the songs transformad to 3gp or someting... Then I have to download all my songs agan... I don't whant to do it one more time... :sad:

Im having the same trouble with my nwa808. Didn't pull it out while busy, but recived error in sonic stage upon trying to delete several albums, not all the songs would delete, for each album a few songs would be left, and they'd need deleting again, second time they deleted, now i get same error trying to play ??

Resetting and re connecting to ss didn't fix it, just found new 1.03 firmware tho gonna try that ;)

Edited by Joshua_uk

On 12/31/2007 at 4:51 AM, juli_ said:

Have you tried reconnecting the player to the computer and letting SonicStage rebuild the database?

I had this error message once before (can't remember why now), but I just plugged it back in and let SS rebuild and it worked OK after that.

how much time will it take to rebuild the database ?