sony mylo 2 is nice

Rate this question

thefanboy

Question

Sony Mylo2 has been announced.It is a touch panel device with IM and VoIP.

Spec is:

3.5 WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) with Touch Panel

1.3 Megapixel with macro mode

1GB Internal memory

Access NetFrontâ„¢ web browser with Adobe Flash Lite 3

Instant Messaging Yahoo Messenger, Google Tal ,Skype, AIM

Internet Voice Calls Skype

dedicated keyboard

touch Screen has 2.5 times better resolution compared to ipod touch(480-by-320-pixel )/iphone

Browser supports flash, while neither iphone nor ipod touch does.

while multi touch and decent memory is available on ipod touch

I feel mylo has seriously grown up, I am loving it . How many of you think so ? Planning to get one.

check out video here,

Edited by theFanboy

11 answers to this question

It has improve so much compared to the original mylo.

I heard that the mylo 2 (though official name was like COM-2 or something like that). But, yeah, this product looks nice (keypad, camera, better browser than mylo 1, and touch screen); I wonder what it's sound quality is like..?...

I think I am going to wait for next Walkman line and then decide which one I am going to buy. I am actually looking for a smaller and thinner device than mylo 2 (NWZ-A810 or NW-A800's thickness is perfect for me.)

Edited by Zizone

Sure looks much better then the first Mylo.

I wonder if you can create word-compatible documents on it, and how the keyboard is, and if an external keyboard can be attached (it seems to have a mini-USB, but perhaps slave only?). Does it have organiser-abilities, can it sync my appointments and contacts with outlook? What games can be played on it? Skype? Questions questions, in theory the device should be able to do all this and more but in practice...

I'm the owner of a Mylo 1. Actually 2 of them... Beyond AIM, AAC and H.264 support, I'm not too thrilled about the Mylo 2 seeing as Sony released SOO MANY FIRMWARE UPGRADES for the COM-1, NOT!!!

I'm not about to invest in a COM-2 for kicks. I asked for Location Free support (and was even told it was brought up in meeting within the LocationFree/VAIO division) but it never came to fruition on the Mylo 1, and it still hasn't with the Mylo 2.

I'm investing in an iPod Touch. As big as Sony fan as I am with 2 HI MD players, a VAIO Pocket, 2 PSP's, 2 Mylo's, 1 Sony Ericsson W580i, 4 Location Free base stations, 2 of the new Walkmans and a VAIO Notebook and been using CONNECT since launch 2004 with 160 ATRAC3 purchases, I did not make this decision lightly.

Once upon a time I swore off the Apple iPod (not computers) for Sony, but now DRM-Free came around so I can tolarate them again.

Plus all the new Sony devices work on a Mac via Mass Storage Drag & Drop and AAC!!!

I will not abandon Sony, but my iPod Touch will be sitting on a Sony iPod dock with a Sony iPod Bluetooth Dongle next to my NWZ-S610 4GB Black and PSP...

there are just way too many bad comments about mylo 2 on the web, people label this product as useless since psp 2000 (only with skype function added) and majority of the cell phones (not like 10 yrs ago models) can do pretty much what the mylo 2 does

but that applies to ipod Touch as well. and tied to itunes, drag and drop is much simpler than any other s/w

probably '250 % better resolution than ipod touch' will have its effect once ppl actually see the screen.

cswallow,

you dont get locationFree on ipod touch as well right ? just asked, nothing serious....

irrespective of what presssays, I am fully convinced using ipod touch for browsing is pain, slow loading, no flash support.....etc

ah the keyboard, those ppl do not how fast ppl are typing on physical keyboard. virtual keyboard is there for the heck of it.....

without flash support, it is not going to be worth. end of the day it depends on what you want, I want internet messenger which can play media.

Edited by theFanboy

I know I don't get LF on the iPod Touch, BUT... Apple is releasing an SDK next month that could possibly be used to create a client for it....

All we need is TAXAN or Access to create a client for it. (Rumors has it SlingMedia got ahold of an early SDK and is porting the SlingPlayer client to it.)

I'm sure with the iPod Touch/iPhone's customer base (and as long as Sony keeps supporting) that a iPod Touch/iPhone client will appear....

It's just Sony didn't necessarily do much with the Mylo 1, which Frys/Outpost.com is now selling new for $129.99 in prep for the Mylo 2.

I mean for the price of the Mylo 1, I'd thought I'd get something more. $349.99 x 2 is a lot of money for such a device at the time.

I'll just buy PSP's from now on, if I want to be guaranteed a feature rich firmware update here and there at a cheaper $169.99 price tag, I can handle.

Yeah, the iPod Touch's keyboard does take some getting used to...

I do not want to leave Sony pastures. They are the number 1 electronics manufacturers in my mind, but Apple is number 2, at least to me.

people will pick apple stuff over sony, especially for the ipod series, that's just the way it is right now, Sony has got great products, but people will leave it alone and go for apple, Walkman is an example. Mylo 2 looks good, nothing horrible looking comes out of the J-tech company, but seriously even psp can be a alright replacement for Mylo since it will get firmware update soon, plus 08 will be a even better year for psp from the CES interview. if that's not enough for anyone, then nokia or SE phones can do the trick, these mobiles are just too amazing, or maybe people can pick something out of the apple camp.