No New Walkmans at CES

Rate this question

skepticked

Question

I was really hoping for at the very least a capacity bump for the S600 and A800 series walkmans. I really want to get one but 8 GB is just too small for me (my music is all encoded at a high bitrate).

I just made this mock up for what I'd like to see compete with the 16/32 GB Creative Zen and Sansa View...

walkmaniiwk1.jpg

16 answers to this question

If sony would have launched A919 minus TV tuner in other parts of the world as well.but sadly they didn't:(

I know. I wonder why? Is it because they dropped Atrac everywhere except Japan? I would have loved a 919 even though I prefer the 808 design.

Considering the fact that they showed 16GB MemoryStick Duo, I am certain that they will release higher capacity Walkman.

I really hope that the next iteration of Walkman player will be able to utilize these memory sticks but i'm staying doubtful since it'll increase the player's physical dimesions. With CES going on Sony has to be cooking up with new walkmans to be released later! I just saw that iRiver came out with like 20 or so mp3 players at CES, crazy!

I just hope that Sony comes out soon with a firmware that adds & corrects missing features (such as year, rating, & playlist) on the NWZ-A81x! Has anyone heard anything about new firmwares?

I really hope that the next iteration of Walkman player will be able to utilize these memory sticks but i'm staying doubtful since it'll increase the player's physical dimesions. With CES going on Sony has to be cooking up with new walkmans to be released later! I just saw that iRiver came out with like 20 or so mp3 players at CES, crazy!

I just hope that Sony comes out soon with a firmware that adds & corrects missing features (such as year, rating, & playlist) on the NWZ-A81x! Has anyone heard anything about new firmwares?

I am think the new line up of Walkman will come out before firware update :lol:

It's interesting that day before CES, sony.com/ces showed NWZ-A818 on the list but after the CES started, they just took it out. I think they have something but maybe trying to avoid dividing attention from Mylo 2 (COM-2)??? I believe new line up will be available in Spring.

I am think the new line up of Walkman will come out before firware update :lol:

It's interesting that day before CES, sony.com/ces showed NWZ-A818 on the list but after the CES started, they just took it out.

Making space for putting the pictures of Touch screen Walkman :D llol

I do hope that sony has some show to debut new models. Granted I bought a brand new A818 and I am not in the market for a new mp3 player, but I wouldn't mind a higher capacity unit. I've already seen myself that the 8 gig A818 can go on playing for hours and hours (music that is, in 320 mp3 format mind you) and not even my sony hdd units came close to such a stunning battery life.

anywho, bring in the products sony.

and maybe they are focused on the playstation brand .. lol no it's not that because sony's brands are separated they really want to defeat ipod but they don't really know how but don't worry sony is preparing something it's sure but we don't know when they will release the next walkman...

Since sony is striving for product differentiation my expectations are

#1 3.5", 800X480,touch screen and some lite variant of linux os(all similar to mylo).

#2 atleast one wireless

bluetooth: pack with bluetooth headset, very useful in daily life, freedom from wires

wifi: having wifi on media player is gimmick, but possibilty of sony bringing sensme from sonyEricsson makes this idea sexy.

#3 8/16/32 gb sizes

#4 slim device: no keyboard and large layout for screen will make device slim.

#5 native divx support: shd be possible as per recent deal btw sony and divx http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8U21B381.htm

#6 closely tied to PSN movie downloads in future