nwz-a81x vs nw-a80x

Rate this question

chwen

Question

13 answers to this question

the 80x is not drag and drop with windows explorer, and needs sonicstage to transfer over music files.

the 81x is drag and drop, doesn't need sonicstage, does not support atrac, and can be used with wmp or windows explorer, even winamp.

also the 81x has no on the fly playlsits, ie bookmarks like the 80x.

thanks for the fast reply.

currently considering to get either a80x or psp.

any there huge different audio quality between a80x and psp using decent earphone?

audio quality is my 1st priority folowed by video and etc.

thanks.

In my opinion, the difference is pretty noticeable; NWZ-A810 or NW-A800 is superior to PSP in terms of sound quality, and it also comes with pretty good headphone, which if you were to buy the headphone separately it would be USD 70 ($70). So, 810 or 800 is seriously a good deal.

Edited by Zizone

Yes it does. I would imagine the only way of getting AAC files on to the A81x would be via the PS3?

I use PS3 for AAC files (because my PS3's HDD which stores much more than my PC) but I think you can use Winamp or drag-n-drop.

Edited by Zizone

Cheers mate :) So then NWZ-A81x supporting AAC is gapless right?

... hmm... I don't really have songs in my player to really test if it is gapless. I would normally try concert CDs, but I don't have concert music files in my player (personally, don't really use gapless). But, from hearing normal songs, I don't think it is really gapless; though PS3 supports I believe. Anyways, I hope someone else from the forum can answer your question. :unsure: