itunes and sonicstage

Rate this topic

bobman

hi there, I have a Sony MP3 player and lots of MP3s in SonicStage. My wife has just got an ipod...

Can we both use the same MP3 library - her via itunes, me via SS? i.e. can both software packages reference the same MP3 files - or would I have to run two duplicate copies of the library if I wanted to do this...?

cheers

You can use both iTunes and Sonicstage to play ur mp3´.Just import them into both but be careful with idtags....I would use iTunes for track info as it´s alot easier to use...

I've read that SS may not import the idtags properly for MP3 ripped by iTunes. Is that correct?

How about if I import the MP3 into SS and made some amendments within SS (like change of album names), would such info be carried over to iTunes after importing into iTunes (and subsequently iPods)??

I've read that SS may not import the idtags properly for MP3 ripped by iTunes. Is that correct?

How about if I import the MP3 into SS and made some amendments within SS (like change of album names), would such info be carried over to iTunes after importing into iTunes (and subsequently iPods)??

To answer your first question....that is not true.I´ve ripped mp3´s with iTunes and haven´t had any problems with id Tags in SS.....

Ur second question...Yes it would.....any changes you make in SS will effect the tags in iTunes or visa versa...but you can change id tags in SS but not effect iTunes....go into options in SS and you´ll find a setting in Library......me thinks....

Thanks, not quite sure how the last part of not effecting iTunes work as I cannot find the setting that seems to do the job, but anyway it doesn't bother me as I unlikely will use this function