Left Hanging by Sony? NW-E005F

Rate this question

golden ears

Question

What is Sony going to do for the bizzillion of us who have flashdrive players?

Are they going to update the firmware so they work with MS-Media Player, etc.?

Is there going to be a "patch" for us to use to 'drag and drop" files?

Will we be stuck with Sonic Stage ver. 4.3.01.14050 forever?

Is Sony turning my really good sounding flash player into a corporate created personal suppository?

(Meaning..oh, you know what I mean!)

Where can I get such a small device with FM tuner to replace it???

I don't need a video screen and movies I just want a very small, simple to use, solid high-end sounding flash player.

Please, someone in the know, give me some answers, OK?

Edited by golden ears

6 answers to this question

Just have an extra laptop with the old XP or Vista operating system handy. You may not have the most advanced technology, but the older players had very cool features that are completely absent in even Sony's latest line up.

I still watch the old VHS tape now and then. As long as the hardware is working and performing well who cares what Sony decides to do eh?

Edited by kino170878

As long as you can still use Sonicstage, you're fine. The question is what will happen when MS release the next version of Windows and Sonicstage is not compatible with it? Well, you get a nice USB flash drive. :D

As long as you can still use Sonicstage, you're fine. The question is what will happen when MS release the next version of Windows and Sonicstage is not compatible with it? Well, you get a nice USB flash drive. :D

By the time MS release the next version of Windows I think most people would have moved on to something new in the world of portable audio. I guess we are talking another couple of years before we get the next version of Windows.