Sony NWZ-A820-Record TV?

Rate this question

aob9

Question

According to this review there will be a cradle to record tv direct to this player in MPEG4 format. Does anyone have any idea if this cradle will be available in the UK/Irish markets. Now that would be worthy of an upgrade!!!

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=28425073

Edited by aob9

11 answers to this question

I've posted little bit of info from jp.sonystyle.com on the following post before:

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4526

I forgot which page it is on, but yeah it does have recording function according to the site:

jp.sonystyle.com

Edited by Zizone

The pictures look good!!! Was intrigued to see that Sony have learned from past mistakes re the leather case (IMHO) The Sony 800 series cases have the same "big ring" for attaching to belt loop etc but the player just slides in and the cover is kinda held in place with a small magnet. . But the 820 case now has an actual closure which folds over the end to prevent the player falling out!!! ( I ditched my Sony 800 case for the Noreve one for precisely this reason!!

regards.

According to this review there will be a cradle to record tv direct to this player in MPEG4 format. Does anyone have any idea if this cradle will be available in the UK/Irish markets. Now that would be worthy of an upgrade!!!

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=28425073

Thanks for posting this link aob9.

Does anyone know if the port on this device is the same as the WM-PORT (22pin) found in previous DAPs? I'm interested in the external speaker that goes with the NW-A820. I find it a bit of a pain to show video clips to friends using my A806 and not be able to both hear the sound because one of us is using the earphones.

LuLu

Guest Stuge

Thanks for posting this link aob9.

Does anyone know if the port on this device is the same as the WM-PORT (22pin) found in previous DAPs? I'm interested in the external speaker that goes with the NW-A820. I find it a bit of a pain to show video clips to friends using my A806 and not be able to both hear the sound because one of us is using the earphones.

LuLu

It looks the same ,but I feel you should wait till its release and confirmed .

It looks the same ,but I feel you should wait till its release and confirmed .

According to this translation of a Sony site in Japan it is compatible.

The specs are:

● audience segment broadcasting video, music playback when convenient "Walkman" dedicated mono speaker

● A910/A820 series of chips that came to stand still use the chance to wear mini-speakers

● cap with convenient portability

● compact size. Power is the "Walkman" from supply

● overall output of 400 mW

● WM PORT-equipped "Walkman" only

Anyone guess what the second one about chips coming to a stand still means?

I was also wondering if the content you record from your television using this player can be transferred to your computer? I doubt it given the copyright issues but it would be useful.

LuLu

Also,I'm Quite sure you will be able to copy those videos into your PC .

How are you sure? Remember how long it took us before we could transfer recordings we made using MD devices back to our computer? In this case you are recording video material that is known to be copyrighted.

LuLu

from: http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/walkman/product...&KM=NW-A829

it says...

it is possible to record "VIDEO" from TV, Camcorder, or DVD recorder WITHOUT using PC via VRC-NW10 (that cradle I think).

*record in analog mode (but still nice considering the size of screen, it will be hard to tell a difference from analog from digital).

If you use MEDIA MANAGER FOR WALKMAN (atleast for Japanese version, since I haven't read from non JP Sony site), you can transfer internet video from PC to your Walkman (MPEG-4, AVC(H.264/AVC) Baseline Profile).

*non-DRM only

from: http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/walkman/product...&KM=NW-A829

it says...

it is possible to record "VIDEO" from TV, Camcorder, or DVD recorder WITHOUT using PC via VRC-NW10 (that cradle I think).

*record in analog mode (but still nice considering the size of screen, it will be hard to tell a difference from analog from digital).

If you use MEDIA MANAGER FOR WALKMAN (atleast for Japanese version, since I haven't read from non JP Sony site), you can transfer internet video from PC to your Walkman (MPEG-4, AVC(H.264/AVC) Baseline Profile).

*non-DRM only

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure if you are addressing my question or not. Neither of the two things you have written say anything about transferring video that has been recorded on a Walkman back to a PC.

On another note: Television broadcast stations in North America will soon be using digital only soon. See this article: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html for more information.

LuLu

Guest Stuge

How are you sure? Remember how long it took us before we could transfer recordings we made using MD devices back to our computer? In this case you are recording video material that is known to be copyrighted.

LuLu

My intution :D

Also,Like right now I'm using A806 and any video which is transffered to it never gets encrypted (I mean you can still copy it to any other pc etc from A806,but the case is different for MD .