Case for NWZ-A800 Series

Rate this question

firbird

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi guys, just wondering what the best case for NWZ-A818 is, interms of durability, useability etc....

I have the clear plastic one and it's fantastic. It's sturdy and all the functions are easily available through it. I had the silicon for about 3 minutes before returning it. It has no screen protector at all, which is crazy as that's the most important part to protect! You can use one of those 'press on' protectors but they don't protect it!

I haven't used the leather case, but from what I remember reading - it has a proper coverflap so the 808 isn't visible through it, which is a shame as it's so pretty. :)

I had a chance to get the clear plastic case in Japan last year, but didn't. I waited and waited for it to be released in the States, but finally I just imported it. Cost me an extra $15.00 and I can tell you it was still worth the money. Sold, easy to use, doesn't affect the controls or viewing of the screen. The only time it could be a problem is if you use the cradle and then you would just have to open it up. If you use the cradle a great deal, consider the Sony leather slip case with the O-ring. Most of this stuff is sold on the U.S. Sony website now.

Joe

The only time it could be a problem is if you use the cradle and then you would just have to open it up. If you use the cradle a great deal, consider the Sony leather slip case with the O-ring. Most of this stuff is sold on the U.S. Sony website now. Joe

That's true. I use mine with a speaker cradle occasionally and I have to take it apart to get it to fit. A slight annoyance, but the case itself does a great job of protecting, and it doesn't detract from the appearance at all. I actually prefer the tiny amount of thickness it adds as I always felt the 808 was a little too thin for my liking. Now it's perfect!

That's true. I use mine with a speaker cradle occasionally and I have to take it apart to get it to fit. A slight annoyance, but the case itself does a great job of protecting, and it doesn't detract from the appearance at all. I actually prefer the tiny amount of thickness it adds as I always felt the 808 was a little too thin for my liking. Now it's perfect!

You are right, the A800 does feel more substantial with the case installed.

I guess you might be able to use the cradle without an adapter and keep the case in place, but the A800 would wiggle and might put undue stress on the WM Port. I had this happen with a 5th gen iPod while using a iPod Photo dock. The PC board ended up damaged and I could no longer transfer files via the iPod connector.

Edited by lamewing