will there ever be a touch screen based walkman ?

Rate this topic

thefanboy

Honestly, I find bottons much faster and easier to navigate. Also, I personally dislike current touchscreen's durability. I'd like if it were to sense heat on finger but it will be hard to distinguish heat from other source, so I guess that's why they use the current type of touchscreen... Well, I guess they can make one in future; it seems like it really depends on usability than cool factor.

Edited by Zizone

But with touch screen all (icons of)applications can be put on front screen.....if we do the same with non-touch, one have to do lot of clicks before I reach the application I want. This is a serious pain considering you will spend lot of time on your gadget.

For eg, on my so903i mobile I have to do 13 clicks before I reach 'alarm' function, with my ipod touch it is just one click away. which is easy ?

finger touch is more intuitive and I feel that is the future.

With a small touch screen and many more utilities in the future screen scrolling will then become inevitable which is really just the equivalent (and no better) than buttons. Anyway dont panic because when you get old you will realise buttons are cool too (I like them in my car also instead of LCD display)!!!

Edited by kamikaziggy

For eg, on my so903i mobile I have to do 13 clicks before I reach 'alarm' function, with my ipod touch it is just one click away. which is easy ?

finger touch is more intuitive and I feel that is the future.

Actually, the ipod touch isn't a bad looking device. I personally would prefer buttons over touch screen technology. I just find it more practical. As for practicality, how many people are getting used to talking on an ipod. I have never seen such a frenzy over a silly little device. A phone should look like a phone, not a DAP or a PDA.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I find bottons much faster and easier to navigate. Also, I personally dislike current touchscreen's durability.
Agreed, plus I hate the way you can't grab or accidentally touch a touchscreen without activating something.

I start up my little A808, put it in my pocket and hardly ever touch the buttons, except for the volume, so I'm glad that is hard buttoned.

For smartphones it's a different story, I consider buying f.i. a HTC Touch or an Iphone, and i love touchscreens there, but for dedicated musicplayers, no, no touchscreen for me please.