MDR-EX700 LP available in US

Rate this topic

Zizone_

Some of you may have already noticed it already. MDR-EX700 LP (longer cord version of its sibling MDR-EX700 SL, JP version, and little bit cheaper than Japanese official price) is now available on US SonyStyle.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665378178

MDR-EX700 Review

Edited by Zizone

Thanks for the update.

Reading Japanese blogs, I see quite a few people have chosen imported (grey market?) EX90LPs over the domestic EX90SLs. I guess this makes sense -- the bulk of MP3 players right now, including Sony's own lineup, don't really have a remote anymore. I wonder if it would make more sense if Sony goes the Audio-Technica route and switch to LP for most of their phones.

No thanks, Sony USA, I prefer the SL/SP versions instead, becuase of the convenience of the shorter cord with the optional extension. as I own a few remote-controlled units, doesn't it always seen that Sony screws the North American market with the crappy over-legngthy LP version of its Headphones/earcbuds? It seems so to me.

No thanks, Sony USA, I prefer the SL/SP versions instead, becuase of the convenience of the shorter cord with the optional extension. as I own a few remote-controlled units, doesn't it always seen that Sony screws the North American market with the crappy over-legngthy LP version of its Headphones/earcbuds? It seems so to me.

Yes, agreed. I can't believe that till now, Sony USA keeps doing this dumb business decision to market different models in different regions. LP version is redundant and not needed, a waste of manufacturing cost. All they need to do is sell the SL version with an extension cable, that's it, everybody will be happy. By selling LP version, Sony is only alienating their own fanbase that are using remotes (remember Sony was the one that popularize the use of remotes on PCDPs and MD players). Just another proof how dumb Sony USA is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Australian price for the EX700'swill be $699-according to Sony Pulse.

More expensive price compared to the USA.

..or even Japan, for the superior EX700SL as offered by Sony Japan that you can get through either Audio Cubes or from Jun Ibaraki and the good folks from 'BuyFromJapan" on eBay.

But, before I jump to conclusions, is that $699.00 in AUD or USD? It makes a bit of a difference with the exchange rates these days.

• 2 weeks later...