TRANSFERRING MP3 FILES FROM SONICSTAGE TO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11

Rate this topic

markey

Could someone please explain to me in the most simple way possible how to transfer my library of MP3 files over to Windows Media Player 11? I have had a good look at WMP 11 but can't find an option for doing this.

Edited by markey

markey - go to WMP > File > Add To Library

When the pop-up window appears - click 'Add' from the window and then browse to the SS folder. Yours should be in the same place as mine.

C:\ProgramData\SonicStage\Packages\

When you get there, click on 'Packages' and then click 'OK' if you want to transfer the whole lot, or click on individual folders to select the ones you want.

You should then see a progress bar showing how many files it's adding while WMP adds them to the library.

That should work for you. If not, let me know.

EDIT: If you've changed the location of imported files from the default, then go to SS > Tools > Options > Location to save imported files - and see where the loaction folder is. Then browse to that as above.

Edited by juli

Thanks juli and Heman, much appreciated :) I will try this when I get home from work later on this evening. However, I did look at these areas and was unable to trace any of my MP3's on my hard drive :unsure:

Edited by markey

I have tried both options, juli's and heman's with no Luck I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being totally computer illiterate but this is really starting to get frustrating. I can't even find this - "C:\ProgramData\SonicStage\Packages\" Whats going on??? I'm running Vista by the way.

I have tried both options, juli's and heman's with no Luck I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from being totally computer illiterate but this is really starting to get frustrating.

I can't even find this - "C:\ProgramData\SonicStage\Packages\" Whats going on???

I'm running Vista by the way.

Markey, I'm on Vista too. Copy and paste C:\ProgramData\SonicStage\Packages\ into the 'Search' on the Start button.

As soon as I type that in, it brings up everything I have in SS.

Try that and let me know.

You can also find it using Windows Explorer. Do it exactly like this:

Computer > C: > ProgramData > SonicStage > Packages

Edited by juli

juli, I copy and pasted this- "C:\ProgramData\SonicStage\Packages\" in to the search function in WMP 11. This is the message I got:-

"There are no items found matching 'C:\ProgramData\SonicStage|Packages|:"

This is very strange :unsure:

Edited by markey

It doesn't like this - "Computer > C: > ProgramData > SonicStage > Packages" in explorer either.

Either I'm a complete dumb ass or maybe Sony doesn't want you to do this. Has anyone else had this problem?

I may well re-rip my entire library again in WMP 11 :sad:

p.s. I have to use Walkman Launcher to get to Sonic Stage. This was on the software provided when I got the A806. It's kind of like a gate-way in to Sonic Stage. Could this be causing a problem???

Edited by markey

juli, I copy and pasted this- "C:\ProgramData\SonicStage\Packages\" in to the search function in WMP 11.

markey, you copied and pasted in the wrong place!! You know the giant orb thing on the start menu of vista?

Click on that to bring up the start menu (you'll see the seach feature there) and copy and paste it there, not wmp 11.

The reason you got the error message from wmp is because you don't have any albums/artists/tracks called SonicStage!

From one of my earlier posts:

Copy and paste C:\ProgramData\SonicStage\Packages\ into the 'Search' on the Start button

Let me know what happens!!

That confirms it. markey = dumb ass. I will spend some of today mastering this thing they call WMP 11. I'm really getting too old for all this. Right! where's that 11 year old son of mine. I'll get him on the job.

Thanks juli! :)

Edited by markey

That confirms it. markey = dumb ass. I will spend some of today mastering this thing they call WMP 11. I'm really getting too old for all this. Right! where's that 11 year old son of mine. I'll get him on the job.Thanks juli! :)

markey, I'm around for most of the day so don't hesitate to ask anything else.

So did you copy and paste into the right place and did you find SS??