NW-A1000 needs frequent Resets

Rate this question

Salex

Question

Can anyone help.

My NW-A1000 regularly freezes and I have to press the reset button underneath. Sometimes it freezes again, within seconds, while the swirly graphs are on display.

I also have to reset after every time I want to turn the player on. I initially thought it was due to a failing battery, so I bought a new battery and fitted that, but it still happens, even with a fully charged battery. I next considered that it may need a firmware update, so I downloaded the latest version and installed that, but still the problem persists. I next tried reformatting the hard drive direct from my PC, using the FAT32 format. This was successfully done, however I still needed to go through the Initialize Hard Drive function in the settings menu. This has all been done but the problem still persists. Any suggestions please. Please don't suggest sending back to Sony, as it is out of warranty.

3 answers to this question

Markey

Thankyou for your feedback. But personally I would expect more than two years service out of a "so called" quality product.

As an engineer I find it annoying that durability does not seem to be top of Sony's agenda. This is my daughter's mp3, however I have an Archos, which is much older, simpler to use, an still works with exceptional quality. Thanks for your comments anyway.

Markey

Thankyou for your feedback. But personally I would expect more than two years service out of a "so called" quality product.

As an engineer I find it annoying that durability does not seem to be top of Sony's agenda. This is my daughter's mp3, however I have an Archos, which is much older, simpler to use, an still works with exceptional quality. Thanks for your comments anyway.

Personally I tend to find personal audio especially the type with moving parts, hard drives etc. your lucky to get two years from the product. Solid state is the way to go.

Durability isn't at the top of Sony's agenda. Money is!

Edited by markey