8GB+ ATRAC Walkman under $200

Rate this question

RobA

Question

That's what I'm looking for, an minumum of 8GB Network Walkman that is ATRAC supported under $200 (I mean come on I payed $200 for the HD1 and HD5 and they are 20GB). Can anyone help me out with this? I'm loving all the features of the new walkmans, like the nwz-a728, and really want to make the jump from HDD to Flash, but I'm not willing to lose ATRAC support. I don't understand why the newest walkman don't support ATRAC, my entire music library is in ATRAC. Can anyone help me out here?

16 answers to this question

That's what I'm looking for, an minumum of 8GB Network Walkman that is ATRAC supported under $200 (I mean come on I payed $200 for the HD1 and HD5 and they are 20GB). Can anyone help me out with this? I'm loving all the features of the new walkmans, like the nwz-a728, and really want to make the jump from HDD to Flash, but I'm not willing to lose ATRAC support. I don't understand why the newest walkman don't support ATRAC, my entire music library is in ATRAC. Can anyone help me out here?
Why not go for the NWZ-A808? Its the last 8GB flash-based Walkman thats supports ATRAC.

Why not go for the NWZ-A808? Its the last 8GB flash-based Walkman thats supports ATRAC.

Ebay has them going for $247 + $20 shipping, way too steap for me. Do you know of a place where I can find it at a reasonable price?

I'm in the US, can I order off the uk amazon site?

OH! No you can't. They won't ship electronics outside the UK (same policy as Amazon.com)

You can ask someone to buy it for you and ship it over but then the price would be more to include postage.

I can get it for you if you really want it.

Well, I decided to make the jump and buy a NWZ-A728 yesterday at Best Buy for $171. I spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to get my sonicstage library onto it, and after several tries I finally got it to work. WMP is a really hassle to use, and I still don't understand it fully, but it seems to work okay, atleast at the moment. The player sounds unbelievable and is capable of so much more than any walkmans I had in the past, I think I'm going to like this one. Now if only it came in silver...

They don't support ATRAC any more because ATRAC and SonicStage became a distraction - they had developed a cult of irrational hatred amongst the geek press and along w/ MD, were blamed for causing Sony to lose the very industry they created - portable music.

Congratulations on the NWZ-A728, Rob A. I've looking forward to getting one too even if its not ATRAC.

Yes they had to listen what masses were asking for .

If they'd released the same ATRAC range world wide instead of just Japan things might have been different :sad:

If they'd released the same ATRAC range world wide instead of just Japan things might have been different :sad:

At least Sony should retain the multi-language support to their ATRAC Japanese models.