Sony NWZ-A829 @ Amazon.co.uk

Rate this question

juli_

Question

I just checked Amazon again for availability of the 829 and the price has changed from the already monstrous £229 to the unbelievably ludicrous price of £305.43!!

How is this possible? It's literally twice the price of the US model and now Amazon have increased the price by almost £100? Why would they do that? It's not from the marketplace, it's listed as direct from Amazon. Who's going to pay over £300 for it when we were already moaning about the £200 price tag?

I'd like to ask Amazon about it, but I have no idea who deals with price changing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZA829K-16GB...2485&sr=1-1

10 answers to this question

markey, I did check Advanced MP3 players to make sure they were still showing the same price as before, which they were.

But I can't understand why Amazon increased the price by so much, and I wonder if AMP and any other stockists are about to do the same.

AMP won't have it in stock until April 30th anyway.

stuge - £200 is a joke, but £300 is a whole half-hour sitcom!! So US citizens get to buy it from Amazon.com for the same price in dollars as we pay in pounds, I'm going to wait until it reaches £1000, and then I will buy two. :lol:

Well, after a couple of automated responses from Amazon, I finally got a 'human' to reply.

He said he'd pass over my query to the relevant department as he couldn't understand the reasoning behind the price increase.

And today when I checked, it's back to the original price of £209. So there was clearly a misprint somewhere.

Edited by juli

Well, I caved in and got the NWZ-A829 :lol:

So much for my resolution not to buy it!! I just can't be trusted.

Anyway, it will be here tomorrow and I'm really curious about the soundstage compared with the 808. I know Zizone said it's slightly bigger than the 808 so I'll be looking forward to hearing for myself. If it's comparable with the Zune soundstage then I'll definitely sell the Zune.