SonicStage 4.0 won't open please help!

Rate this topic

emlinthegremlin

Hi, I have SonicStage 4.0 which I bought in England. It worked fine on laptops over there but now I have tried installing it on the computer at home. Every time I try to open it an error message comes up (error code 00004e2e) saying

"the selected music file cannot be played back because the system information has been changed. "

it then opens a system restore tool. I run the system restore tool, uninstall, reboot computer and reinstall SonicStage, same problem. I've done this three times now!!!!

I know this is in the FAQ and something about downloading TuneUp. But I really don't want to download anything because that's what wrecked my old computer...to many downloads. Please, is there any way I can fix this problem without having to download stuff?

Edited by emlinthegremlin

emlin, I'm using Vista too and it's been fine using SS 4.3. When you say your computer died from downloading too many things, do you mean it stopped working altogether? Were you on a different computer? Maybe you had buggy/conflicting software, there's no reason a computer should die from downloading. If you're worried about it, just create a restore point before you install 4.3. That way, if there are any problems, you can simply revert back to how it was before. I can't think of anything else other than to try the latest version of SS. Sorry.

EDIT: I just read your first post again and saw you were on an old computer. I don't know what 'tuneup' is, but when I downloaded tunebite (or something like that), it took over all my audio files. I had to get rid of the software.

I honestly don't think the lastest version of SonicStage will cause any harm to your computer at all.

You just have to be careful of what you download, since there's all types of rubbish that can mess with your computer. Like I said, just create a restore point before you install 4.3.

Edited by juli

In that case I will try downloading SS 4.3. Where is a safe website to get that from? thank you!! :)

Try this link. It's from Sony itself, so there should be no problems at all.

Just remember to create a restore point first!! It's a good idea to create a restore point before you make any changes to your computer, like downloading software, or drivers etc. It just gives you a 'working' point to go back to if there are any problems. And let us know if the updated SS fixes the issues!!

http://support.sony-europe.com/dna/downloa...amp;f=sstage_dl

• 2 weeks later...