Audible.com

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone had any success getting content from Audible.com onto Minidisc?

How I do it is:

a)

Download audible file to PC on the net

Transfer to my other PC with a CD burner (annoying, but...)

Burn to CDRW

Take CDRW downstairs, put in DVD Player (CD player won't read CDRWs).

Use Optical cable to copy to MZ-NZ707, or copy in analog to MDS-JE520.

B) D/L to PC on the net

Play file on PC, and record to MP3 with TotalRecorder

OMGJbox won't handle TotalRecorder MP3s (seems to require only certain sampling frequencies you can't seem to get with TR), so use RealPlayer to transfer to MD.

I have asked Audible whether they intend supporting NetMD, but they said they have no intention of changing the file format. Eh?

I've also noticed that when I burn a CD with the AudibleManager software, it won't play in the PC CD drive, so presumably this is a copy-protection measure, so you can't rip straight back from the CD to MP3.

I understand their point in trying to keep their content secure, but when I want to do something perfectly legal (listen to the content I bought in my car) it's annoying when it's so complex. AudibleManager would be just so wonderful if it interfaced directly with NetMD like RealPlayer does...

Phil

well.. the easiest thing i can suggest is to:

1. download the file from this website...

2. then use whatever music player u use to play the song

3. put in an analog/digital cable into ur sound card.. depending on which one u have

4. at the same time u play the song.. press record on ur md player...

SIMPLE...

Yo Phil...why do you want to do all that stuff, so you can use the optical output on your DVD player to get a digital SP recording? Dude, that is what we call "overkill." Why do you have to burn a cd-r and then burn that onto cd-rw? it's waaaaaaay more trouble than it's worth. If you really want that, it'd be a lot easier to...

1.download the audible.com files onto your computer with the cd burner and work from there

2.if that computer doesn't have the internet connection, then either switch the two computers so the one with the cd burner does have an internet connection, or put the cd burner in the computer with the connection.

3. use some method of file transportation (such as a sony memorystick or one of those USB file transfer thingies) and move the files from pc to pc.

4. buy a XITEL MDPORT D-G2 and just do optical recordings off the original computer

5. Buy a time machine, go back in time, buy a slave, come back to the present time, and force him to do the recordings for you. Although this method isn't very PC...