Wild MZ-N707 Hack

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

First off, I had firmware version 1.100 prior to the hack.

1) Melody Timer.

2) Line Out

3) Microphone sensitivity (not tested because I don't have a microphone, but the menu option comes up).

4) Personal Disc memory (yes, it does work, although I've only tested it on 5 fiscs).

My 707 was purchased in Canada if that makes any difference.

Tom

And here`s a step-by-step way to do the hack, just to clarify some stuff:

1: Entering Service Mode:

Set the "HOLD" switch on.

While holding down the VOL - key like a SHIFT key, enter the key sequence:

>>| >>| |<< |<< >>| |<< >>| |<< | | | |

i.e. FF FF REW REW FF REW FF REW PAUSE PAUSE

Release All Keys

2: The display will alternately display the firmware version in the left display and a screen with all LCD segments lit at about half second intervals.

3: Let`s start changing settings (NOW BE REALLY CAREFUL, DO STRICTLY AS STATED HERE, YOU SAVE CHANGES WHEN YOU PRESS PAUSE!)

4: Press VOL + -- you should see "MANUAL" displayed on the left and "0 00" on the right.

5: Press PLAY -- you should see "Laser" on the left and "0 10" on the right.

6: Press VOL + 5 times -- you should see "F Code" on the left and "0 60" on the right.

7: Press PLAY -- the first 3 digits of the left display should be continuously incrementing. The last 2 digits of the left display are a value in memory that you want to change (it probably reads "A0" for the MZ-N707 and "??" for the MZ-N505, but write this number down!). You should see "0 61" on the right.

8: Press VOL + repeatedly until the last two digits of the left display read "FE" (you can press VOL - if you go past it).

9: Press PAUSE

10: You have now saved the changes you made to the first setting, now, lets get on with hacking the second value

11: Press PLAY -- you should again see incrementing numbers in the first 3 digits of the left display and "0 62" should appear in the right display. The last two digits of the left display are the value you want to change (it probably reads "50" for the MZ-N707 and "??" for the MZ-N505, but write this number down!).

12: Press VOL + repeatedly until this reads "7B" (you can press VOL - if you go past it).

13: Press PAUSE

14: You have now saved the changes to the second setting, and you`re finished with Service Mode

15: Exit Service mode, by removing power plug or battery.

16: Start you MD and check that it works OK ( If it doesn`t work, then try setting the values back to A0 and 50 or whatever your values were

17: Test out the new stuff: M-Timer, Line-out, set playback speed, mic sensitivity

Now I know it`s exactly the same as the first post here, but it`s more newbie-friendly with step-by-step, also please note that I don`t take any responsibility whatsoever for this hack. I don`t guarantee my cut`n paste to be error free.

Neither do I guarantee for your warranty!

Guest Anonymous

Hey Guys, i can get a MZN707 Net MD or a MZR909, but i just dont know what one to get, i have mostly all my music on my computor and i know that the MZN707 uses the USB Port to get music of the computor. but i dont know how the MZR909 gets its music, i know it doesnt have a USB so how can you get music of the computor? if you can get music of the computor, can you please explane how you do it

Thanks, James

Guest Anonymous

First off, I had firmware version 1.100 prior to the hack.

1) Melody Timer.

2) Line Out

3) Microphone sensitivity (not tested because I don't have a microphone, but the menu option comes up).

4) Personal Disc memory (yes, it does work, although I've only tested it on 5 fiscs).

My 707 was purchased in Canada if that makes any difference.

Tom

Tom, are you sure that your hacked 707 can work with Personal Disc Memory? I 'm really concerned about that.

BTW,setting play mode on remote seems to be something abnormal after being hacked. Does anyone notice this problem?

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering here - if you used any of the available pc programs to speed up a sound file, then uplaoad it to a 707 and play back at a slower speed - stay with me here...

would you be able to get 400 mins in LP4 on 1 80 min disk.

If so, how would it sound?

Everso

Just wondering here - if you used any of the available pc programs to speed up a sound file, then uplaoad it to a 707 and play back at a slower speed - stay with me here...

would you be able to get 400 mins in LP4 on 1 80 min disk.

If so, how would it sound?

Everso

now... just assuming.. that you did slow it down on PC

i would say that you could play back at a slower speed and get a longer time.. i havent done any calculations.. so i'm not sure what time you could get...

but it would be possible..

i'm not sure how it might sound..

it could be a little to fast or a little too slow..

but if u get it working..

post here again and let us all know how it went

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have edited my post, because my discovery was actually not an discovery.

Anyway I will just post here how to revert back to your original keylayout.

When enabling F1 for the n707, for example when entering for item 061 'FD' in service mode, the keypad changes like this:

play: vol +

stop: vol -

prev: prev and play

next: next and play

group: group (but is now the shift button!)

end search : stop

vol +: end search

vol -: end search

enter is now gone, but you can use menu instead of enter.

The prev and next, now including play, won't interfere when going back to your original settings, because:

[*] when entering the service mode sequence, pressing play does nothing

[*] in service mode pressing prev and next does nothing

So to revert back do the following:

[*] enter the service mode sequence but now you use group as the shift button

[*] do the same thing as before in service mode but while navigate through the menus use next instead of play

[*] enter at item 061 'FE' for katanka support or 'FC' without it

[*] press pause, remove power source and relax

Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage caused by following these instructions, however it should be safe when executing them properly.

Guest Anonymous

I mentioned a few posts ago I tried speeding up a MP3 then playing it back in slow speed. It seems to works fine. A little slower but fine.

I should point out however that I am using this for audio books which are not very demanding on qualiry but are or run time.

Everso

P.S this gives 400 mins on a 80 min disc at LP4

Guest Anonymous

I tried out the hack and everything listed was enabled.

I just did it on my brand new MZ-N707l that I just bought

and one downside to it was that the remote stopped

working.

I put the original values back in and now it's back to the

way it was at the starting.

Anyone have the same problem?

The remote on the 707s sold in Canada don't have the lcd,

so I was wondering whether that's the reason why it didn't

work because if it is maybe I should go out and get one...

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I did the hack on my N505, and I want to know if it's possible to change the "sound quality" or access to Bass and treeble 8 steps menu without a remote, Do I need to change other values in service mode?

My new N707 is now hacked, whacked, and works like a charm (haven't tried all the features yet).

BTW, the alarm melodies is different depending on which of the alarms you choose. The first is Beethoven, the others I haven't really figured out yet smile.gif

UPDATE:

The melodies are as follows:

1. Beethoven - Something (can't remember the title)

2. Somewhere over the rainbow

3. Twinkle twinkle little star

Guest Anonymous

Yep. I was reading the n707's user manual, the menu I wanna have on my n505 is called "Sound-set", in my n505 is hidden or does'nt exists, perhaps it could be activated in service mode.

Guest Anonymous

Hi again! If you compare the original values from 707 in 061 and 062 in service mode AND the map (of all possible values) posted by SAM in "wild 500/700 hack" forum, you'll discover that the Netminidisc series have OTHER map and other values (following the sam's map and comparing with the "A0" and "50" original settings in mz-n707 (61 and 62) the unit couldn't support lp modes!) ...So .. does anyone have the map for the N series?

Guest Anonymous

Alright everyone. I tried the hack on 707 with my remote from MZ-R55 and the speed works. The only problem is that the LCD from the remote would stop showing after a few seconds of use. Does anyone know here why? I have my on theory on this issue. Maybe the remote doesn't get enough power from the unit? I think that's what I'm thinking of.

Alright everyone.  I tried the hack on 707 with my remote from MZ-R55 and the speed works.  The only problem is that the LCD from the remote would stop showing after a few seconds of use.  Does anyone know here why?  I have my on theory on this issue.  Maybe the remote doesn't get enough power from the unit?  I think that's what I'm thinking of.

i have the same unit and same remote...works fine for me

Alright everyone.  I tried the hack on 707 with my remote from MZ-R55 and the speed works.  The only problem is that the LCD from the remote would stop showing after a few seconds of use.  Does anyone know here why?  I have my on theory on this issue.  Maybe the remote doesn't get enough power from the unit?  I think that's what I'm thinking of.

I have a 505 and the same remote. It works if you are using the AC adapter. Otherwise I have the same problem as you.

Have you found a way to access the bass and treble adjustment? I don't think it's possible without a remote with the sound button.

Guest Anonymous

I have a n505 too, 707 doesn't need a remote control to adjust treeble and bass, I think n505 could have that feature modifing some values in service mode (eeprom data). So... It could be interesating have a map with all n707's EEPROM DATA values to compare it with 505's ones.

Guest Anonymous

Chalk up another successful service menu mod. Got it working first time, no problems. stock US remote (no LCD) still functions normally.

Scouring the internet now for information on *other* service menu mods. I noticed a ton of categories that seem like changing them might be fun.

Will post if found.

-Infidel

Guest Anonymous

I have the Sony MZ-N505 with the hack successfully installed. Can anyone confirm if speed control and the 8 step treble/bass settings can be done with the RM-MC11EL or does it only work with the RM-MC12ELK? (I really don't care about Japanese text support.)

I have a 505 and the same remote. It works if you are using the AC adapter. Otherwise I have the same problem as you.

Have you found a way to access the bass and treble adjustment? I don't think it's possible without a remote with the sound button.

THANKS MAN! I've been trying to figure out how to make my RM-MZ35 remote work fully with my N707, and with the AC plugged, it does! I didn't think of trying that before. Now I'll just think of a way to make it work constantly. Maybe a battery pack?

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Fella's,

I got my MZ-N505 working fine and dandy with the hack, I think..

Nothing's coming out of the line-out now, doesn't matter whether I have the Au Out option set to Line or Hphone - should there be noise? (However, sounds seems better now that I've set it to Hphone..)

I have the P.D.M. Option on my menu now - If I knew exactly what it's for/how to use it, I can tell y'all whether it works or not.

I was a little anxious about breaking my new baby at first, but now I'm glad I went with it - it's always good to beat the system, eh?

Thanks,

Dan. laugh.gif