Wild MZ-N707 Hack

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Hey, so this hack gives you a line out, but any word on whether it changes the electrical output, or load impendance when of the jack. That is crucial for it to be a real line out.

Guest Anonymous

I GOT N510 ~ TRY F1+F2 ... NOW ALL KEY CHANGE AND CANNOT ENTER THE SERVICE MODE ANYMORE ... DAMN ... ANYBODY CAN HELP ME ?

BTW ... AFTER ENABLE THE F1+F2 THE 6 BAND EQ AND V-SURROUND IS AVAILABLE ... AND MANY THOSE M-TIMER ALSO WORKING ... JUST THE KEY ALL CHANGE !!! MY T-MARK AND END SEARCH IS GONE !!!

HELP ME ~~

:cry:

Guest Anonymous

the original number for n510 is

061 = S00

062 = S20

i change to

061 = SFE

062 = S7B

now the key pad config is change ... and it not possible to enter the test mode anymore ... so ... dun try it ~~

now i need to open the md set to force to test mode with soildering the circuit board ... how everything will fine ...

Guest Anonymous

my problem solve with enter the test mode by p.c board ~ now change to 061 - S70

062 - S7B

keypad is working fine again ... but the PDM is not working ... so everytime lost the 6band EQ custom setting ~~

Guest Anonymous

I did the hack on my MZ-N505 last night, and everything works as described in this thread. The line out and programming functions are very welcome.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the "S-SEL" function. The hack replaces the "BASS" menu name with "S-SEL." You can access the two MegaBass settings via "S-SEL" and the keypad. However, to have access to bass and treble settings, you must have a remote. Also, if you try to use the "S-SEL" menu when you have "LINE OUT" selected, you will get a "SORRY" message. Choose "HEADPHONE" and try "S-SEL" again---it should work.

Jeffery Kennedy

San Francisco

Right, I did the hack on my MZ-N505 and it worked like a charm. I did it mostly for the line out and pgm functions. I was really missing those on this new unit (I had an MZ-R3? before, can't remember exactly, gave it to my brother on loan), although pgm wasn't on my previous one either (which I always thought was a miss on Sony's part).

So I'm very happy with this hack, great work!

A few things don't work, however, and these are:

:arrow: The function S-SEL just gives a reply SORRY when I select it. What should/does this do on other units?

:arrow: I'm guessing P.D.M. is the personal disk memory and, going on what has been said here by others it won't work on my unit. What exactly does this remember? All the settings you do?

:arrow: And of course I have no remote to try the speed setting, but I'd never use that anyway.

:arrow: And possibly some things I haven't tried yet...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

the hack described for the 707 works the same on the 505.

my player showed version 1.2 compared to the ver 1.3

the number values in question are "80" for the first setting change sequence and "10" for the second sequence...yea

Guest Anonymous

RudeDoggy

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With regards to remotes working with the N505, does anyone know the difference between the RM-MC12ELK and the RM-MC12EL? I'm thinking that the EL means electroluminescence and the K means katagana (sp?). Am I correct in assuming this? I emailed Sony parts regarding the RM-MC11EL and the RM-MC12ELK. They have no record of the RM-MC12ELK but they said they had the RM-MC12EL and it's cheaper than the RM-MC11EL. They also said the RM-MC12EL was for the Sony D-EJ2000 CD player. So the question I'm asking is this: Will the RM-MC12EL work perfectly with my N505 (being able to use the speed control, 8 step bass/treble, etc)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the N505 and RM-MC12EL remote and did the hack and it all works

(being able to use the speed control, 8 step bass/treble, etc) ain't tried P.D.M but like everyone has said it don't work so guess it won't will try it sometime when I get the time to play about with it, M-Timer ain't tried but I don't need to I know it works , hope that asnwers your questions :wink:

Guest Anonymous

What are the original values for the N707 (0 61, and 0 62) Ver 1.300???

I forgot to write them down; my bad :cry:

So the original values would be greatly appreciated.

What are the original values for the N707 (0 61, and 0 62) Ver 1.300???

I forgot to write them down; my bad  :cry: 

So the original values would be greatly appreciated.

Dude...you didn't even read the first post...

A0

It's written right in the 1st one! :evil:

I've been scanning this thread, and it appears that these hacks work

for the 500/700 and 505/707, but what about the new 510?

Is there a hack for this model?

If there is, what will it do?

What features are enabled by doing the hack?

thanks for any help.

-Jeff

I've been scanning this thread, and it appears that these hacks work

for the 500/700 and 505/707, but what about the new 510?

Is there a hack for this model? 

If there is, what will it do?

What features are enabled by doing the hack?

thanks for any help.

-Jeff

...Before replying, read the whole thread first! :evil:

It's right on page 9 :roll:

Actually, I did read the whole thread and saw the one instance on page 9 referring to the 510. However it also appeared to be a bit more complicated requiring dismantaling to get into test mode.

I'd like to know what features are enabled by going through this level of trouble.

I mainly want line out and melody timer.

if there is anything cool requiring an lcd remote, I'll pick one up

but if it will make the unit flakey, I'll keep it running as is.

-Jeff

Guest Anonymous

I have read the entire thread. My 707 got busted last September, and only now did I finally get my unit back from repair. Anger and frusteration at the length of time taken aside, this unit is firmware version 1.4.

I performed the original hack. PDM does not work, MTIMER does. I lost my 2-band equalier, it's just two default bass settings now.

Guest Anonymous

I have read the entire thread.  My 707 got busted last September, and only now did I finally get my unit back from repair.  Anger and frusteration at the length of time taken aside, this unit is firmware version 1.4.

I performed the original hack.  PDM does not work, MTIMER does.  I lost my 2-band equalier, it's just two default bass settings now.

I've experimented with changing the values with DJ_3TJ's guide above... i couldn't get 'set sound' back...

and now I tried putting the settings back to their defaults, and still no 'set sound'. what the hell have I done wrong?

He said that all works except the PDM (which also doesn't work on the 505/707) 6 band equaliser settings are lost when you remove the power since the unit doesn't seems to have the extra component to save

So, is there anyone who can confirm that Melody Timer can be enabled

on this unit?

I'm very leary of killing a newly purchased product, but I would love to have that feature.

-Jeff

ps. sorry for seeming so anal....

Guest Anonymous

Could someone with an unmodded 707 with firmware 1.400 please tell me what the default F Code values are?

1. enter service mode (turn on 'hold', and while pressing vol down push: ff, ff, rw, rw, ff, rw, pause, pause)

2. press vol up ("Manual 000" will be displayed)

3. press play ("Laser 010" will be displayed)

4. press vol up 5 times ("F Code 060" will be displayed)

5. now push play. the first three digits will move, followed by "SA0", with "061" on the bottom.

6. keep pushing play and tell me what the next few values are after the 's'. the next one should be '50', but I'm unsure of what comes next. I suspect by performing the original 'hack', some of these other values got changed. Please record say the next 5 just so we can compare.

(Remove the battery to get out of service mode)

Thanks. If no one steps up, maybe someone with a different firmware version can do this. We should archive all this data and submit a faq for the minidisc.org pages perhaps?

Guest Anonymous

For what it's worth, here are my F Codes, to compare. (My set sound function is missing after having done the original hack. Setting the first two F Codes back to normal did not fix the problem)

061: A0

062: 50

063: 01

064: 00

100: CC

110: CC

111: CC

112: 10

113: 09

114: 07

118: 09

120: CC (then the disc spins up and it's changed to DD)

121: 04

122: FE

123: 00

124: FE

126: 00

127: 00

130: CC (disc stopped)

131: FE

132: 00

133: 00

134: 13

136: 0B

137: 09

138: 0F

139: 19

140: CC

141: FC

142: 00

143: 00

144: 17

145: 16

146: FC

149: FD

151: 03

200: CC

210: CC

220: CC (spins up again, DD)

221: 07

224: FF

226: 00

ugh, stopping for now... don't know if this is even useful.

Ok i HAVE read the whole thread. The problem is that the only time that the 510 is mentioned is when the guy says that he screwed up his unit and had to open up the thing and mess with the board to get it reset.

Can anyone confirm that there is a hack that works for the 510?

thanks

Commander

Well, in the last post he said it was working and have fixed the wrong buttons mapping problem

Guest Anonymous

Without having adjusted anything since the couple of days ago when I set my 707 back to its default values, the SOUND SET feature has somehow corrected itself today.

I'm not insane.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

on page 3 of this board, "Thomas Davie" wrote that he performed this hack on his 707 with firmware version 1.100 and than the P.D.M worked for him! i also own a 707 with firmware 1.100 but it does not work for me. how can i make it work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just try the menu and look for audio out

select headPhone switch to audio out

GEWOON PROBEREN, GROETJES

I tried it with my N707. Work's fine for me, but my question is, how can I use the signal output switch (headphone <--> line out) since my N707 doesn't got a jog-dial.  

Please let me know

Guest Anonymous

In order to change the Bass/Treble in mz-n505 i need an

mz-n remote that i don't have (with a "SOUND" button on it, pressing it 2 secs will give the bass/treble menu). I tried with the rm-mzr55 remote but it lacks the sound button.

Did anyone figure out how to change the equalizer (Bass/Treb) in the mz-r505 within the service mode menus?

or any other way to do it using an old remote?

thanx,

rad. :?

Guest Anonymous

There is probably a way to change the Bass&Treble throuh the service mode menus, pressing T-Mark + Pause in any menu (for example, audio)

will let you edit any address you wish. (it doesnt matter what menu you enter from, it's the same address edit), But there are so many addresses so i guess i'll leave it for now... (something like fffff? the first 2 digits from the right are the value you want to save using the pause button)

Well what i did is... i went to the md store, asked to see how the

mz-n1 remote works with my mz-n505, pressed for 2 secs on the "sound"

button - and it showd me the bass eq' then i pressed the sound again for

2 secs (something like that don't take my word) and then i maxed the

treble at both prests (sound1 & sound2). then i gave them the remote back. (the fucker costs almost like my mini). i was sure the treble tweak i did will go back to factory settings after i: 1. eject the disc or... 2. take the battery out. it was a surprise when i found out the mz-n505 actually

remembers the eq. tweak forever!

man what a difference..... factory settings for the 505 is no treble at all..

now the sound freakin' rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!#!#@!!!!! laugh.gif

But... if you want to create a "sound" button to use frequently...

i found out that in order to signal the "sound" button to the md unit, you need to put 2300 ohm resistor (1000 ohm + 1300 ohm) between pins 2 and 4 of the remote.

||

|| 1 2 3 4

|| | | | |

---------

questiones? :arrow: radium-e@newmail.net

Guest Anonymous

Just want to tell you i added the "Sound" button to my lousy rm-mz3r remote. i removed the soldering of the "delete" button (since i can't recall when was the last time i used it... and why do i need it on the remote??)

and solderd the 2300 ohm resistors to that button, and whalla, i have a sound button.

Pressing it once changes the sound mode. (OFF - SOUND1 - SOUND2)

Pressing it over 2 secs - gives me the B (bass) menu only on the remote.

remember you can't see it unless you have a

remote with LCD. i can adjust the bass using

the |<< >>| buttons. STOP saves the setting.

Pressing it again 2 secs - gives me the T (Treble) menu. again like above.

STOP saves.

Indeed.

I just found out a couple of days ago that pressing the sound button down changes the treble/bass. When I put the treble all the way up it was like I entered some state of 'Eggo'-nirvana. The sound was no longer muffled, but crisp and clear.

This all happened at work, and I stopped for a moment and just froze. It was excellent.

k

Guest Anonymous

i hate sony.

i wrote my last post right after i finished soldering the sound button... but i still haven't checked it then.

it took me 3 hours which at that time i almost destroyed my remote,

but finally i did add the sound button instead of some button i don't use.

well it changes the sound mode, but no, it doesn't go to the invisible bass and treble menu.

sony probably did something, that without an lcd remote with the sound button, you can't go to the bass-treble menu.................... so we have to buy this f***** remote...

i hate sony.

Guest Anonymous

ok if you say so, why did sony encrypt and protect their OpenMG protocol...? did they know people will try hacking it?

And at the same matter, if someone do hack the openmg protocol... (GOD PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN SOON!) our mini could become a mobile H.D. with a capacity of 160mb on every MD Disc. now try to imagine how awsome it can be.