[Q] Earphone comparison

Rate this topic

ar-

recently.. i just lost my standard earphone.. that comes from mu 505 package..

and then. i bought a MDR-Q33SL/L

user posted image

and i was dissapointed...

the bass was terrible... oh god..

i even turn the volume to 30.. and still not good enough..

not powerful..

btw.. i bought it coz it looks good.. and cost me $3 ...

anywho..

im looking for an earphone.. that uhm.. at least has the power.. of the standard earphone for MZ 505 and.. under $30

im down to 2 ear buds.. (if u have any thing to suggest.. please reply)

1. Sony MDR-E838LP

2. Sony MDR-E838SP

its like the same product.. but different series...

please give a comment on both earbuds...

anyone can help??

-ar

Guest Anonymous

I just bought the MDR E818LP's and man they are great. Best sounding earbuds I've ever listened too. Does anyone know is there is any difference in sound between 818s and 838s? They both have 16mm driver units... How about 868s?

What I think makes this earbud sound so good in the design of the "cornucopia" like housing. It's bigger than the standard (808) that came with my MZ-N707 MD Player...

I was eyeing the Q55's, but one of the headphone sites on the web said to go with cheapee Sony buds, and I'm glad I did...

Most of the Sony earbuds come with 16mm drivers except a selected few (namely the MDREX70 which has a 9mm driver and the MDRE827G which hav a 13mm driver)...otherwise all the rest hav 16mm drivers...

the diff between the 818's and the 838's is just the frequency response...the 818's hav a 12-22000Hz frequency response while the 838's hav a 10-23000Hz frequency response...+ the mini plug on the 838's are gold plated...

1. Sony MDR-E838LP  

2. Sony MDR-E838SP

both those earbuds u mentioned are basically the same juss different lengths...the SP has bout 40cm cord while LP has about 1.2m cord...SP's r beta if u want 2 plug the headfones in2 ur remote since itz shorter and u dun hav all this unwanted cord dangling around...i own a pair of 838's and they'r not bad actualli...so i would recommend it 2 u...otherwise if u dun care bout the brand i suggest u go and take a look @ the Sennheiser range of earbuds they'r also quite good i hear

The Sony MDR-EX70's r definitely what u need if your a bass junkie !

If u dont mind the ear phones going deeper that the Groove headphones,and noise reduction from the outside world then this is the bomb of a headphone.

I have 2 x MDR-EX70's and they have been very good with my MZ-E900.

Get the SL version for the short cord for MD's , plus with the SL's u get a 1 metre extension too wink.gif Gold Plated smile.gif

Go to minidisco.com and get some MDR-EX70SL

cya

1. Sony MDR-E838LP  

2. Sony MDR-E838SP

go for the SP model.. because do you really want a massive 1.2mt cord dangling out of ur 70cm cord for ur MD remote... NO! i dont think so...

its a big inconvenience.. trust me.. i have to handle it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...