which mindisc suits me best?

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all,

Thanks for taking your time out to give me some valuable advice.

I am looking to get a minidisc player, I have not owned one before but grew up constantly connected to a walkman since age 6. I am ready to spend some money now, to get my first ever minidisc. I have stacks and thousands of LPs that just sit around, that I never get around to listen to properly. I am using audiograbber now to make mp3 on my comp. I would like to use my mp3s on a minidisc. However, I am not at all sure I like the MG Open Jukebox (?) software -- it's trash and has already tried to take over my computer's media files before.

I have a clean newly formatted computer and I only like to use WinAmp and drag and drop. don't want some other phony music player I want to be able to record in mp3 and load those mp3s from md onto computer. I need some user made software that is slimmed down and can import id3 tags. I don't want the copyright hassle thing. I browsed the web to see what's up with the USB transfer thing. I have a good computer but only USB 1.x I think. The md models I saw (mostly Sony) did not seem to fit my needs. Will the corny, preset, big brother stuff go away sometime soon? Will I be able to get me a md sometime soon that I can use for my hobby music production studio and my computer up-/downloading through usb? Weight and size is not an issue. Well, portable at least. What do you recommend?

Thanks!

/ S

Guest Anonymous

I really can't since I have a bunch of music on my desktop computer that I need to have equally accesible. I need a recordable minidisc that is working mp3s in a hassle free software environment -- preferably with high speed uploading to computer as an option. Are there no upcoming products similiar to this?

Not at this point in time. There aren't any MD's that can both upload AND download at high speed. There aren't any that can download with a simple drag and drop operation, either, unfortunately. The closest you can get to drag and drop is burning a nero image to your computer, then using the simple burner application as is written here.

You may want to look into the hard drive based MP3 player market..

Stef, there is currently nothing in the MD world that fits all your needs, namely the USB upload.

As much as we hate to admit it, I think the iPod would be more suited to your needs if you *need* USB upload, which is a shame because people who us MD to record their vinyl say it is the best meduim to record it with, and betters CD-R in sound quality.