Places to get MD repair

Rate this topic

Bazirker

As I've said in like 10 other posts, my damn MZ-N707 is screwed over. Anyone know the best places to get an MD fixed or how to locate Sony repair places? I live in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA, if anyone happens to know a place around here that can fix stuff. Although I doubt any of you guys live near me...

http://www.sel.sony.com/service/plsql/rma.inquiry

is a start.

When my 700DPC started to make terribly odd noises, I stayed on the phone with technical support for nearly a hour and a half being bounced around to various people. I think near the two hour mark they told me that they would repair my 700DPC for free (they probably got frustrated), and they did. The only thing I had to to was send it to them.

I don't know if your player is still under warranty, but I do know that sometimes the repair charges are somewhat steep. If you're persistant, you might be able to get it fixed for free.

I guess it's all dependant on who you end up talking to. Good luck, friend.

k

• 6 months later...
Guest Anonymous

My N707 won't record anymore, and I think it's still under warranty, but the online repair request form said it would still be $87 to repair it, plus a possible $26 diagnostic fee. This seems pretty rediculous as its simply a defect and all their fault. Do you have any tips on the best way to get it done for free?

• 2 weeks later...