MZ-N505 'next button'

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have the sony MZ-N505, it WAS a great player until i bought these cheap cheap MD's off a Japanese kid whos from hong kong (exchange student). I put music on them and got them loaded fast, then when i try to hit the next button now (no matter what md im using) it goes forward then back right away, so i cannot use the next button. It works every 1 time out of 10.. but this is annoying as hell..

Is it the cheap mds? or the player it self is messed up?

should i return it!?

Cheap MD's shouldn't damage the player, especially not the buttons. I would say one of two things is wrong with the unit; either something is wrong with the electrical aspects of the player, meaning service mode would be required to fix it, or the physical button somehow got messed up. If you're like me and don't mind taking apart an MD player, I'd recommend removing the front faceplate that cvovers the buttons and seeing if anything it wrong. If your not comfortable doing that, you'd be better off returning the player. I take apart stuff all the time, so it frequently requires less personal effort to take apart the md and fix it than to return it, but returning it is a more "reliable" way of having a fully function MD unit. So, your choice, good luck either way!

Guest Anonymous

Is there any guides for the MZ-n505 service mode available on the net? cause with out that i wouldnt know what to do with it. I think its the programming.. coz the button does work, it just jumps back a milisecond after it goes forward.. really messed up problem.

Guest Anonymous

i payed 20$ Canadian Dollers for 10 plus cases for them which beats the $7.99 (Cdn $) for a 2 pack. They are PrimeDisc 74 minutes. Yeah, we have like 4 exchange students in my town here (Near Toronto), they all have MD players and the one kid named Hiro has like 400 full MDs here.. its crazy.. Im exchanging the player tommorow. I got the unit all packed up, hopefully the new one won't mess up.

The guy who sold them too me even gave me a warrenty policy lol! "These no work, you bring back" He holds the 20$ bill back up and motions it back to me. It was great. So it worked out to 2$ canadian a disc.

For non-Canadians, i payed $12.82 (US $) for them all. That beats the price of $5.12 (us $) for 2 here.