Compatibility Issues between Sony and Denon

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can anyone please offer me some advice. I recently received a Sony MZ N505 walkman as a birthday present and was so impressed with the technology, I purchased a Denon DMD F100 Minidisc player/recorder to listen to the minidiscs in the house. I am now having compatibility issues across the two systems as the Denon cannot play the minidiscs - it recognises the total number of tracks and the Album name, but it cannot actually play the thing. The tunes I want to record are all MP3's stored on my PC, so I am having to use the Sony to do the recording. I have tried using the famous Dino's method (which came highly recommended from a friend), but to no avail. PC spec: PIII 650Mhz with 256Ram, so sure this is a software issue. Any advice will be greatly received as am reluctant to part with either piece of kit.

that would most likely be.. because you have recorded on the N505 with LP2 as standard.. and the Denon probably is incompatible with MDLP...

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Denon_DMD-F100.html

Not MDLP compatible

so... u will have to settle for:

1. record on ur denon.. rather than ur 505

2. record on ur 505 with SP (means.. u can only transfer at 1.6X)

3. only listen on ur N505.. and forget about ur denon...

personally i think choice 1 is good