which to buy- for LIVE recordings?

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hiya folks,

i bought a used MZR70 and it is just fine for listening to MD's in the car and on the go, but i need a unit that is good for recording my band. the only thing i want from this recorder is the ability to record loud bands in concert occasionally, and for weekly use at my band's rehearsals. we play rather loud and i don't want it to distort. (my mzr70 sounds great for soft live music but has terrible digital distortion when we play at high volumes.) please help! thanks.

• 1 month later...

The previous post was right, just a little too succinct for my taste. I've spent a lot of time shopping for a decent live rig for not too much money. The MD unit you are using shouldn't matter too much...it's the mics that make the difference. Like the previous post says, you need to use a battery box with a bass rolloff filter to power a set of sensitive mics. Plug this setup into the line-in, rather than the mic input for a cleaner recording. If you need a set of good mics for not too much check out the binaurals at www.core-sound.com.

ALL