Internet Radio to MD. Who's got experiences/ideas?

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Is there anyone with experiences in recording internet radio (ADSL-speed) to MD?

I know it is possible through an analog line input, but what about an optical output?

I still don't have the luxury of an optical output on my sound card, but I'm thinking of investing in one.

What software/stations do send a little bit more than just stream? In other words will songs get seperated/marked. And is there any text information?

Thanx in advance for all responses.

My home PC has a Hercules Fortissimo sound card - with optical out (and in). It seems to work fine when I play MP3s etc. I don't have ADSL so have no general experience with that and streaming audio - I'd be surprised if track marking and text were transferred - I have seen no claims to this effect.

I have recorded streaming audio off the net at work - that's through the PClink thing that came with my R700 (analogue). The only track marking there is when the sound stream goes silent for a few secs or if there's a hiccup in the streaming.

Guest Anonymous

I have use USB DG (digital) port to record directly to my MD. I have used music match and had the tracks placed; the only disadvantage is that you have to type in the titles and you have to turn some pc sounds like messenger etc. to avoid intrusive sounds. Other than that it should work.

You can also use a sound capture software like total recorder. You have a choice of storing it as a wave file or mp3. Only advantage with this method? I don't think it will make tracks but I haven't played with it fully and not so sure on that.

Guest Anonymous

Capture the stream to a file, ie: mp3. And then burn the stream to the MD.

Easy!!

Grab Streamripper from http://streamripper.sourceforge.net

Net Transport does windows media streams, and new style real-streams.

There are loads of things to capture streams anyhoo.

This way you always have a back up instead of just the md also!

- EvilTHelL