Is It Worth It?

Rate this topic

edgeman

According to sonystyle.ca, the MZN510CKS will be available here on February 18 for $249.99. Is it worth the extra $50 to upgrade from a MZ-N505 that I bought for $199.99 (but can still reutrn) to a MZ-N510?

I called Sony's Customer support and the guy I talked to had never heard of the 510! :shock:

Guest Anonymous

According to sonystyle.ca, the MZN510CKS will be available here on February 18 for $249.99. Is it worth the extra $50 to upgrade from a MZ-N505 that I bought for $199.99 (but can still reutrn) to a MZ-N510?

I called Sony's Customer support and the guy I talked to had never heard of the 510!  :shock:

You can always e-bay the car kit off. plus if you pre-order now you'll get free extra headphones. So the question is do carkit and extra headphones worth $50 to you?

$199.99 American for a 505? Were you intoxicated when you paid that much?

Both have ATRAC Type R, and basically the same features. I just looked at the sonystyle.ca website though, and it said it had ATRAC Type S. I think that was a typo.

I believe the 510 would be better, because it has better battery life, and a bunch of other stuff. If you have the fifty to spare, why don't you let me find you a better deal so you can get a better model? tongue.gif

k

Guest Anonymous

Both have ATRAC Type R, and basically the same features. I just looked at the sonystyle.ca website though, and it said it had ATRAC Type S. I think that was a typo.

I believe the 510 would be better, because it has better battery life, and a bunch of other stuff. If you have the fifty to spare, why don't you let me find you a better deal so you can get a better model?  :P  

k

at least look at his location before starting your insults.

MZ-N510 will have Type-S.

I believe the 510 would be better, because it has better battery life, and a bunch of other stuff. If you have the fifty to spare, why don't you let me find you a better deal so you can get a better model?  :P  

k

I was not intoxicated because I was too busy paying $199.99 Canadian as my location would imply.

I took his location into consideration when I made the reply, but the only thing I saw in terms of monetary identification was a "$". Then in your response, you say "$199.99 Canadian". I don't know how I could've known for sure if you were paying in American or Canadian.

And about the intoxication thing -

I wasn't being insulting, it was merely a joke. Chill out. =P

k

Guest Anonymous

Furthermore, if you look at the pictures of the 510, you can clearly notice:

I've read about the DSP Type S stuff, but it says Type R on the model and Type S on the website.

k

the picture is the one of a prototype...

Guest Anonymous

It's strange. You've got apparently a Photoshop'd image on the official Sony website and an official Sony press release which looks to include incorrect information.

I guess we'll just have to keep waiting until it can be clarified.

I took his location into consideration when I made the reply, but the only thing I saw in terms of monetary identification was a "$". Then in your response, you say "$199.99 Canadian". I don't know how I could've known for sure if you were paying in American or Canadian.

And about the intoxication thing -

I wasn't being insulting, it was merely a joke. Chill out. =P

k

I wasn't insulted. It's all good. Thanks for the info. Damn Sony though, with their stupid prototype causing all this confusion. I guess it would have made too much sense just to put Type-S on the damn picture.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...