MZ-N10 new discovery!!!!

Rate this topic

profingersk8er

Please explain if you guys are doing this with CD, MP3 or ATRAC3 transfers as my N10 seems to update TOC at the end of each song when checking out ATRAC3 from Sonicstage 1.5.03

ok, if you import a playlist, and convert it at the same time, when you check it out, it will only toc once.

if your doing what i think your doing, importing, then converting while check out, (this is what i do, seems faster) this is where it toc after each upload, i do this because it does it in 1 step, import then transfer, . . . anyway i think this trick makes the n10 think it already has it converted?, so let 1 track upload then when it says data save, take it off the stand then replace it, then upload again, it will transfer your list with only 1 toc edit, i think its worth it to do this because constant toc edits take hm an additional few seconds or so for each track data save isn't as long, also sometimes if i add a few albums sometimes the trick sticks, sometimes i have to do it for each list . . still, i think its worth it :roll:

geed

Guest Anonymous

I imported MP3 into ATRAC3, completed the playlist then checked out at a later time to my N10 and it TOCS after each song in LP2 mode so no conversion was performed.

I did upgrade to Sonicstage 1.5.06 which I later uninstalled and reinstalled the default 1.5.03 though, which version of sonicstage is everyone using. These TOC updates cause the transfer times to increase by 33%+.

I have a load of ATRAC3s that were converted previously for use by my Clie NX70V. Anyone else suffering from these constant TOC updates?

I have tried it with normal ATRAC3 (i always convert the first time, so conversion is irrelevant for me) and I am using SonicStage v. 1.5.03.08230. My unit didn't change its behavior until it did the "knock it off the cradle during the first data save" trick. Did you try that part?

Guest Anonymous

Whn I knock it off it's cradle at the first 'data save' an error message comes up on the PC about encryption keys not being exchanged and the N10 doesn't even try to do a TOC update, it rejects the data instead and the disc seems to remain blank. Thereafter when reconnecting to the cradle it goes through the TOC update after each song again.

Yes, that is strange. The encription key exchange error message is the one I got also, but it did effect the change in the TOC update behavior.

My unit has V 1.1 firmware. Perhaps you should check that. I recall the R-50 had a cool hack whereby you could switch SCMS off (I have one of these sweet little babies) but Sony "fixed" it in later Rom revisions. You can check the firmware version by entering service mode. Look on the N505 or 707 hack thread and you will see how to do this.

hey leland, i follow your lead and went to the 707 hack thread, so i understand how to go into service mode, but how do you exit from it after checking the firmware ver? the thread calls for removal of power; so how do you do that with the N10? thanks, cos i really want to check my firmware ver. but there's way to upgrade firmware as far as i know, right?

There is no way I know to update the firmware: perhaps Sony service can do this, but I have never heard of it.

To exit service mode on the N10, switch off the little switch on the back of the unit that is labled "built in battery". If you do not have the AA battery attached and it is not in the charging cradle, this removes the last possible source of power (the built in battery) and exits service mode.

There is no way I know to update the firmware:  perhaps Sony service can do this, but I have never heard of it.

To exit service mode on the N10, switch off the little switch on the back of the unit that is labled "built in battery".  If you do not have the AA battery attached and it is not in the charging cradle, this removes the last possible source of power (the built in battery) and exits service mode.

wait wait wait,! service mode on the n10?!

geed

Guest Anonymous

I'm using FW 1.10 as well, Japanese model. TOC still updates after each song during transfer. Are there any specific settings that had to be done during the 'remove while data saving trick', perhaps a step by step fools guide is needed for me?!!!

i just managed to enter service mode on my N10, spent forever trying to hold down the VOL button and making it move FF and REW at the same time haha. Was just bout to give up when i scrolled down one of the other forums and saw another of Leland's posts saying that GRP button can be used as SHIFT key too haha. Anyway my firmware ver is 1.300, tho i dont know wat good that is over 1.100, seeing as it is that i have a poorer remote that doesnt have dual line display.

i dont agree with Leland's hypothesis that the TOC hack depends on OS tho. Anyway mine says DATA SAVE after every darn song, tho it only does the official TOC EDIT thing after batch of songs i have transferred. i will try to plug it off the cradle later tonight tho, and see wat big difference it makes =)

Guest Anonymous

Something with the TOC happened to my MZ-N10 too. I kept recording songs also.

I went to listen to the MD today, and TOC Error flashes on my main unit screen. When I go to put the MD Player on the cradle it wont even read the player with that MD in, but if I have a different MD in it will read.

Is there anyway I can fix the TOC error disk? The unit nor my computer will reconize the disk.