What is !!!THE!!! BESTTTT MD out NOW!!!

Rate this topic

king_wong2

What is !!!THE!!! BESTTTT MD out NOW!!!

Hey all. what is the best Md out now? this will spark up alot of conflicts i guess. but i really need a new MD...I'm stuck with a broken sharp MD-MR831W(gl) and a almost broken Sony MZ-R50.

i badly need new one. so help out. post your favourite mds, and why! must say why to help! thank you very much all!

oh btw... is it better to buy in asia than australia? is there a quality difference?

Guest Anonymous

what's wrong with sony? i want one for pure enjoyment... eg... listen to music on train, at school stc... and i want to be able to get songs off my cpu onto my MD... i also want LP... i badly need lp. and i want remote, with backlight etc... i guess all in all i want some sort of a net md...

i have been told that the sony mz n1. is the best out of all net mds... which is probably an opinion.

but what about sharp and the other brands and the mzn707... thats where i am stumped...help?

Guest Anonymous

Yeh, i'd haft to say the N1 is the best SONY NetMD, BUT....why pay $900 AUD odd, when u can buy an MZ-N707 and hack it with the info shown here http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=72&start=0 and then u have almost all of the features of an N1 for a heep less. (keep in mind the 707 does not have a backlit remote while the n1 does)

Hope this helps

i couldnt help notice the 'wat's wrong with sony?' question, so i felt i had a moral obligation to comment. i had the same tots initally, i mean, how bad can sony be?

and the ans is VERY bad. i got the N10, which you would expect to be better than the N1 you are considering. but from sound to ease of use to the remote, it's all just a pain in the ass, to summarise.

yes, the sony stick remote with backlit looks great, the unit is featherlight, and... i m at a loss wat else i can say in support.

but i guess if you are looking for a netMD, then sony is the better option over sharp. for one, the transfer speeds on the N10 are quite astounding, maybe not Ipod speed but comparable to any other USB mp3 players out there in my opinion. basically if you dont do any recording, or if you are not a sticker for sound, then N1 or N10 is good enough, tho still way too expensive in my book.

otherwise, go for sharp.

I picked up a Sony MD-N505 dirt cheap (it looks like someone went skating on it, but it still works fine) just to test the NetMD waters, and it works great for taking your tunes with you. It has everything you mentioned you were looking for except a backlit remote (though you can probably purchase one separately--the remote for my R900 works fine with it).

If you're willing to bide your time, keep looking and you may find a deal. As for what's best, I'd say track down whatever Sharp has just introduced.

Don't worry about it being the "first" NetMD by Sharp. It is still as good as the N1, but it has been slightly downgraded to half the NetMD speeds of the Sony models. Same as all non-Sony NetMD models AFAIK. Probably a Sony imposed restriction.

what's wrong with sony? i want one for pure enjoyment... eg... listen to music on train, at school stc... and i want to be able to get songs off my cpu onto my MD... i also want LP... i badly need lp. and i want remote, with backlight etc... i guess all in all i want some sort of a net md...  

i have been told that the sony mz n1. is the best out of all net mds... which is probably an opinion.

but what about sharp and the other brands and the mzn707... thats where i am stumped...help?

The minidisk recorder that i've just bought is nearly exactly what you've described. It has a 2 line remore with back light. It has longplay x4, charging station, carry puch. The only problem is that it isn't a NetMD.

For a picture of it goto ]http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/uk/consume...er/122901.html]

• 3 weeks later...