:( I forgot how to erase trackmarks. HELP!

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well first off, if it's important, I have a Sony MZ-G750. The little mechanical beastie has served me well and I am still using the rechargeable battery that came with it from the Christmas of 2001. But recently I've moved and have no clue where I put my manual for the player. When I'm recording from my PC to MD, sometimes the computer gets busy or something and for one reason or anything, the track recording skips and creates a new track in the middle of the song. In other words, if the computer "skips" it will insert a new track mark in the middle of the recording song...so my song gets broken up. This is fairly annoying because so far, through all my fiddling, I have not been able to remember how to remove the track mark and return it to being a whole song. In the meantime, I've had to just delete all the parts of the song and record again. tongue.gif Soooo, if anyone remembers this and would like to share the info, I would be VEEEEEEERY grateful!

biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'm afraid I don't know what that is, Mystyler...there isn't any such button on my MD player...and I don't really ever remember reading about performing a function in the manual either. sad.gif Thanks for the help though...

Most portables don't have "combine". What you do is start the player, press pause, use the track forward/back buttons to go to the track mark you want to eliminate (thus combining the tracks before and after) and press "track mark" button. The display will show "Mark Off" and the mark will be deleted.

Guest Anonymous

Take heart. My first Sony MD recorder has a "combine" function.

Unfortunately, after 9 years, I think it's crapping out. Might need a good cleaning. I did order a new Sony deck, but it hasn't arrived yet.