Where to buy headphones cheap?

Rate this topic

Bazirker

After searching around for the best value IN-CANAL earbuds, I think I'm going to end up buying Sony EX-70's. They're available on Sonystyle for US$50 and can be found on eBay for around US$45. Anyone know a cheaper place to buy them?

Or, even better, anyone know of some in-canal type earbuds that are higher quality but not higher budget? $50 for a pair of buds is a hell of a lot of money considering you can buy a decent pair of buds (such as The Plug) for less than half that amount. So, any ideas?

Eggo?

What's the difference between the EX70's and 71's? I thought it just had to do with cord length, but that doesn't look right...I don't like the "remote-friendly" headphones because I seldom use a remote so the cord is waaaaay too short for me.

Kurisu, thanks for that link, it's actually really helpful to have a nice consolidated biew of a bunch of different buds. These buds don't look that bad...plus they're half the price of the EX's!

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php...&products_id=75

Anyone know anything about them?

From the specs, it looks like the Aiwa HP-VX100's pack more bang for the buck.

The seven dollar difference between the 70 and the 71? I don't see one, besides the silver color available for the 71.

Eggo are a Japan-only release set of headphones that are big amongst MD users.

I bought these:

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php...&products_id=42

I can't wait. biggrin.gif

k

I think I'm gonna check out those Aiwa buds since I'd rather not spend $50 on headphones. Those headphones you're getting look pretty cool! They only have a 30mm driver unit...isn't that going to hurt the bass response just a little bit? I don't know all that much about how to interpret headphones specifications, but in general I've found that headphones with bigger drives are capable of delivering bigger and clearer bass sound. I could easily be wrong though...either way, they look like a really solid pair of headphones!

Good choice on the Aiwa buds.

The MDR-D22's do have a 30mm driver unit, which is good enough for my needs. There is another set of 'eggo'-type headhpone that audiocubes sells, the MDR-D66, but they cost $89.00.

Too much for headphones in my opinion, and I've heard alot of good things about the ones I'm getting anyways. I'm sure one day I'll get the 66's, but they do only come in one color (black) and I think the blue 22 will match my blue MZ-R700 quite nicely. biggrin.gif

Good talkin' to you bud.

later

k

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Aiwa HP-VX100's today.

Out of the box, they hurt my ears and sounded like crap.

However, after breaking them in a little, they have gotten a lot more comfy and have started sounding better. Either way, I'm impressed with Audio Cubes. I ordered and received my earbuds without a hitch.