EXPORTING FROM MY MD TO MY PC - FAST!!!

Rate this topic

THEVOICE

Nope, there isn't a way.  You gotta record it in realtime.

I don't know if this could work. But with most (?) players you can increase the playback speed to I think 150 or 200%. Perhaps it is possible to record this playback and then use some audio tool to decrease the speed while not affecting the pitch? I have not tried this but it could be good for faster recording of speech. For music it might add quality problems.

Just a thought. biggrin.gif :roll: :idea:

While that is an interesting idea, I don't think it would work well.

If you speed up the audio playback on the md, that means that it is playing back data faster...so instead of it being like 132 ks/s, since a second is suddenly a smaller amount of time, it would be more like 264 kb/s (for playback at 200%.) Since the audio recorder on your computer is still going to record at the same rate as it was before, it effectively cuts the amount of music data that it can record in half. (Meaning if you record a 320 kbps file, it will actually record roughly a 160 kbps file since it will have the same amount of time to record twice as much music.) So when you slow it back down on the comp, the sound will have gone to poo.

Yanno, my explanation sucks and is flat out wrong in several places...like the concept is right, but all the data space and kbps stuff probably isn't...either way, I think you would lose a lot of quality if you were too speed it up and then slow it down. It's not worth the time you would save.

However, it is a neat concept.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a company called edl of bristol make a device from a md data drive that hooks up to a scsi connection on your pc. It is able to transfer music both ways at 5x meaning a 74min dis c is read in about 15mins, it can change scms data, make faithful copies, copy music to wav files, scan disc surface, scan disc for "deleted" fragments and tracks and make a new toc for them, and much more

the entire package is called md studio

i have no idea how much though

probably not what you're after, or maybe too good... this is certainly alot better than netMD

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I have a sony Mz-n1, I record a live show, then i connect my md to my USB and the WinNMD program sees and counts all tracks on the disc in the player, to record it I connect an analog line out with the md set to line out and plug it in to the line in on my PC (in this case a sony pcv-rs220) it winds up in my documents/my music and on the computer it is a wave or mp3 my choice. it plays fine on the PC but when i burn these wave or mp3 files to a CD-R they sound like shit!! totally distorted. What have I done wrong?

I went into the sound settings and reduced the line in volume to less than half what else can I do? I will send money to whoever can answer this question without telling me to get a new soundcard. Thank you . . . be sure to include address.

BCJ

it plays fine on the PC but when i burn these wave or mp3 files to a CD-R they sound like shit!! totally distorted.  What have I done wrong?

Use Nero Waveditor or any other sound recording app (perhaps even the windows sound recorder) and check the level of the recorded signal. It is probably too high. You would need to further reduce the input level for recording. E.g. to 20-30 %.

That is the only thing I can think of. Perhaps someday I will have the possibility in my app to check the input level directly, then I could add a warning message for this problem.

I hope this helps.

okay,

this nero bit may work, but let me tell you what i've been doing:

I go into control panel -> sounds -> advanced and then I have volume levels for everything like mic, line in, etc. i have reduced the line in volume to only 20% and that really sounds about the same (or exactly the same) as when its up at 100. Have I only been reducing the output of line in to the speakers but not the actual input? Is there some other way to adjust the inpu? i use windows XP on that same sony pcv-rs220.

Thanks again

Brian

okay,  

this nero bit may work, but let me tell you what i've been doing:  

I go into control panel -> sounds -> advanced and then I have volume levels for everything like mic, line in, etc.  i have reduced the line in volume to only 20% and that really sounds about the same (or exactly the same) as when its up at 100.  Have I only been reducing the output of line in to the speakers but not the actual input? Is there some other way to adjust the inpu? i use windows XP on that same sony pcv-rs220.  

Thanks again

Brian

With the current version of my app you select the input source and the level with a slider in the normal recording dialogue. The % value of input is shown. You should select about 20-25% of Line-In to be sure that no clipping accures.

If you use the normal mixer for testing purposes, you should check if the title of the mixer says "recording view" or "playback view". It might be titled slightly different (have german interface here).

The playback will allways be fine regardless of the input level, I do not know why, but the recording is very sensitive to this. With the proper setting the quality should be really good. (with a "real" soundcard, not onboard 1$ chip) wink.gif

Good luck! I am sure this can be worked out.