Suppressing system sounds recording from PC to MD

Rate this topic

biggles

I know this is probably a very basic question with (probably) a very simple answer, but I'm a bit new to MD so please be gentle :?

I am using the 'onboard' sound on my MSI motherboard (KT4 Ultra) because it has Optical Out. I am connecting this to the Optical In on my Sharp MT80 and am recording from a CD in the CD drive via Windows Media Player.

I wrongly assumed that this would bypass system alerts and so merrily went of 'doing stuff' while I was recording :oops:

Is there an easy way to turn off all system sounds while I'm recording and then turn them back on again afterwards? (I'm running XP Pro)

Thanks for that - I was wondering if I could define a new user (then set this up sans all system sounds) or something like that. Then I could logon to my PC using that user when I wanted to record from my PC to my MD. When I had finished that I could switch back to my normal user account.

Having to go through and manually turn off all sounds in all programs sounds like a real pain in the *** sad.gif

Good point!! I hadn't thought of that - I guess it's a case of 'Back to the drawing board' - just when I thought I was so clever sad.gif

I guess one solution is to not run any apps at all whilst recording - sort of negates the whole thing though.

Surely someone else must have a solution for this?