Adjust bass on JVC XM-R70 without remote?

Rate this topic

BJ

Is this possible? I got a JVC XM-R70--a brick, but a really nice machine--but no inline remote control. The instruction book says to adjust the bass and play modes with the remote...so am I screwed? I usually listen to MDs randomised, and JVC's ACBass is a little heavy for running through my car stereo (it's on now all the time).

Is it at ALL possible to change the bass/play settings from the main unit?

I know this isn't a real popular machine, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno about changing the bass level w/o the remote... Are you stuck in that mode no matter what? If so, you might want to look for a reset button on the unit somewhere so you can reset the unit to the defaults which would likely set the bass boost to zero. Or try disconnecting all power sources for a while, which might do the same thing.

Other than that, if you've exhausted all the various buttons and menus (if any) on the unit to no avail. then there might not be a way to do it without the remote. I can't be certain as I have no experience with the unit but if it doesn't say it in the manual there probably isn't a way to change it without the remote.

I actually took the thing apart to hammer out a couple of dents in the case, so it was without battery for half an hour and still saved its settings. Impressive!

One of these days I'll find a cheap remote for it. Thanks for the info, though--you never know when it may come in handy. :wink: