M3U2SB ver. 1.08 and MD Label Maker (New!)

Rate this topic

paolose

Hi,

M3U2SB ver 1.08 is online at

http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/paolose

Whatsnew:

- We can import the current Winamp Playlist (if Winamp - ver 1.666+ to 2.x - is loaded), thanks to Omer Raviv for this suggestion.

- The main window is now resizeable.

- Now we can move up or down the Audio files (in the Audio Files windows) with the Mouse Wheel (pressing the SHIFT key)

For now we can not import the current Winamp Playlist from Winamp 3.x (i am working

on a M3U2SB plugin -in Wasabi- for Winamp 3.x).

Paolo

Hi there is a new (minor) version of M3U2SBurner, 1.08a.

Whatsnew:

Bug removed under Win XP when the main form is resized (problem with Big Characters). Thanks to Dave Mentley for tests.

New formats Strings for the Tracks Names (Push the little button with a Question Mark near the Track Names box, in the Setup tab, to see the new formats supported). Thanks to Dirk Storck for this suggestion.

In the Simple Burner Tab, we can press the right mouse button to copy the track names (song number and length, TAB separated) to the Clipboard.

Paolo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous
sad.gif dude can't get to your site to download it it just won't work for me can someone give it to me or tell where else to get it from.i've been useing rel player with my winamp play lists it just takes to long and you can't play with the order and stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

If this program really does what I think it does (or what you said that I preceived) then you are a god! I've been looking for an OpenMG alternative for awhile now. Many Thanks!

• 3 months later...

What programming language was this program created in? Is the source code available? As I've been saying I was going to do for over a year now, I got to college and took a programming course and now have an elementary understanding of what makes computer apps tick. I'd love to see how complex (or basic) m3u2sb is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hi,

Whatsnew:

- We can import the current Winamp Playlist (if Winamp - ver 1.666+ to 2.x - is loaded), thanks to Omer Raviv for this suggestion.

- Now we can move up or down the Audio files (in the Audio Files windows) with the Mouse Wheel (pressing the SHIFT key)  

For now we can not import the current Winamp Playlist from Winamp 3.x (i am working

Paolo

The link above didn't work for me and for quite a few others. Below is what I found. Hope it doesn't break any rules since I just got my player yesterday, registered here, posted a problem, and just didn't have time to read the rules.

SIMPLE BURNER - 1.75mb simple_burner.zip

NET-MD DRIVERS - 1.72mb netmd.zip

M3U2SBurner: CLICK HERE FOR V.1.08a

M3U2SBurner uploads and indexes MP3OGG files to your NET-MD

For instructions on using M3U2SB with Simple Burner

please go to Paolo's site HERE

Hi,

Whatsnew:

Paolo

Excuse my last message. I thought that I was logged on. The link above didn't work for me and for quite a few others. Below is what I found. Hope it doesn't break any rules since I just got my player yesterday, registered here, posted a problem, and just didn't have time to read the rules.

http://www.gooduse.com/netmd.html

Here you'll find links to Simple Burner, Net-MD drivers, M3U2SBurner and instructions on its use.

• 4 months later...

I have all the latest versions of the required software (SS2 ,

SB 2.0.01, Nero 6.3.1.6, and M3U2SB 1.08a) and I get everthing to run fine but I cant get the track info to automatically transfer to Simple Burner on the last step. When I hit the "Launch Simple Burner" or "Update SImple Burner" button in M3U2SB nothing happens. And I've already made sure that they are pointing to correct path ( ex:C:Program FilesSonyMD Simple Burner). Does anyone know what is wrong? Copying&Pasting each track name is really time consuming. thank you for your time in advance

M3U2SB was written for Simple Burner version 1.X and works perfectly. However, it seems Simple Burner version 2 uses a different database structure and M3U2SB's "Update Simple Burner" database function does not work.

Maybe if enough of us very, very nicely ask paolose he might update his excellent M3U2SB utility for us.

• 3 months later...

I'd love to see how complex (or basic) m3u2sb is.

It's not too hard. I have been working on a VB version for a while now in my spare time (precious little since my wife was ran down).

Basically what you need to do is

Take your list of MP3s.

Pull out the track names and file length (easy - plenty of pages on that)

Convert to wave files (very hard if you try it or shell to an external prog.)

Make the .IDX & .CDB files. This holds details on the track names and placement of data on the image for Simple burner.

Create the audio image (not too hard)

Shell to Daemon (all on there web site)

Shell Simple burner (I really don't need to tell you how to do that do I?)

All in all it was coming along nicely. I used a "always on top" window to drop the mp3s - or play lists. It starts the encoding as soon as dropped so that it used browsing time to get on with the encode.

I organise lists in cue files so you can have the same mp3 in more that one cue without the need to re-encode.

It also looks to see if the mp3 is VBR and then manually gets the play length.

One day I may get the time to finish it off and get it posted. Who knows?

But for now - the wife needs bath - my own personal slip and slide smile.gif

Everso