HELP What MD is right for me?

Rate this topic

BADFISH

Hello, new member to this forum and was looking for some guidance. At my home I have a reciever, md deck, and cd changer with optical out. I make copies of cd's and mixes with the optical link. Next year im going to college and do not want to bring all of my decks. I have a computer that has optical in and outs, RCA, USB, and Firewire. I want a player/recorder by sony. One that will let me make copies of normal cds with only the recorder and the cd drive in my computer (im guessing thats net md?). Something that is portable and has a mic out as well. About 90 percent of the time the unit will sit on top of my computer. It also has to be able to play md's through my PC so that I can use my PC speakers. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Because - what if you drop your iPod?! That's your 450 albums as well as your $400. Drop a MiniDisc and it'll probably be okay.

Plus you can lend and swap your MiniDiscs. Plus MiniDisc Walkmans have far more connectivity.

I don't dislike the iPod, but I think it needs more facilities before it'll be the true portable HiFi of the future...which is why I bought an N10.

So I agree with acp89 on this one. Make use of your Optical ports, and indeed the USB port for NetMD if you want an MP3 player experience. I personally don't like NetMD, and prefer to use the outputs from my Live Drive to hook up MD equipment.

Hope this was helpful biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

iPods are definitely better than MDs (unless you like recording concerts), but to my mind, are a little too expensive. I'd keep on using the minidiscs you have now, and wait until something like the iPod comes out soon, that's not quite so much $$$. MP3 players are consistently, and relatively quickly, getting better and cheaper than they were before.

But there's no way around it, music with computers is the way to go.