MZ-N505 Issues

Rate this topic

Paolo_

My buttons are really messed up... The forward button either plays the song again, or goes backwards.

And if i have the MD Protect off... the top right thing to avoid writing on it.

if i press the back button. It will make split a song, like create a 33 second Unknown track, from the track i was listening to.

I have hacked it, would that be an issue?

It might be the hack--see if you can get back in to service mode and return its settings to the original values (hope you wrote them down!). If it still acts crazy after that, then I'm flummoxed.

...Oi. I said "flummoxed" and meant it. :?

I have the same FW button issue, it sometimes acts as the rev button. But after pressing the button several times (like trying to force it), it functions normally again. Fortunately, it happens only sometimes, and I haven´t had the problem in about a week. And I don't have the other problem with the rev button.

I thought that it could be some dirt or dust beneath the button, and/or some design problem that makes the unit prone to 'confuse' the buttons... please tell me if you succeed un-hacking it (mine is hacked too).

My buttons are really messed up... The forward button either plays the song again, or goes backwards.

And if i have the MD Protect off... the top right thing to avoid writing on it.

if i press the back button. It will make split a song, like create a 33 second Unknown track, from the track i was listening to.

I have hacked it, would that be an issue?

Yep -- it's the hack. I had the same problem with my N505, undid the hack, it still does it. Weird. Would love to know how to reset everything to factory settings...

Check out: http://forums.minidisc.org/viewtopic.php?t=72

Be sure to read further down. The values where the original poster had "??" listed are "80" for the first value and "10" for the second value for the N505.

No, It isn't!!

I restored the hack values to their originals and I still have the issue. As I told before, sometimes I have weeks without it.

But now my n505 is unhacked and the still FW button works (sometimes)the funny way!

So maybe it is some design problem.

• 8 months later...

I know that this is a very old thread, but I wanted to say something: I had the same issues in my MZ-N505, and I have never hacked the MD... 'cos I have recently discovered (near 30 minutes ago :happy: ) that I could do that. I took the MD to the Sony Technical Service in my city, and the paper said it's fixed, but I still have problems with the FWD button.

Damn Sony... wink.gif

Hi...

I had the exact same problem, besides the fact that i cant record more songs to my MD (and the unit read only some discs..dont know why)

Well...i found the article about to how to restore the defaults value of the MD eprom (my problems happened just before i use an rechargable non-sony battery,. so i assume that some kind of electrical shock messed all the values up, and that why it didn record) in this journey of the magical minidisc world, i entered the wrong numbers (because when i pressed foward the minidsc went back and messed all up) and got and error message. The only way that i found to fix it was downloading a table of all the settings that the minidisc must have, and restore it one by one. it took me like an hour and a half, but i did it. My MD went to life again, and magically the foward - back button problem get fixed!!!!...

so...i think that thats a firmware problem (firmware is like the operative system of the MD)..i haved opened and cleaned before, and nothings happened.

So, if you wanna do the same, download the file in the same page where the hack for the n505 is, and change the values.

But remeber..these values controls the MD, so if you do it wrong, is your responsability

Bye

By the way, the recording problem is still there...does anybody knows how to fix it?