I don't know where to post this but.....

Rate this topic

temrey0311

I am purchasing a Sony MZ-N10, and i understand that their headphones that are supplied with the unit are, well, quite frankly crap (no biggie though, I've yet to ever recieve a decent pair of cans or buds with a new audio player to date. I'm looking to buy a good pair of headphones that i could spend around 50-70 bucks on [not a big bud fan but if their sound quality is good I'm all ears (pun intended)]. Btw. what's the headphone input size on the MZ-n10, 3.5mm?? Thnx biggrin.gif

I've been looking at those and the sony 888's and 71's... I keep hearing mixed reviews about the sony's though, some say that the 71's try to push the bass too much and ends up muffling the sound somewhat, and that the 888's just have little to no bass at all! Also on the topic of purchasing things: What site (online retailer) would you suggest for purchasing my soon to be overused MZ-N10 from? I've been to a few places (the basics: Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc...) and to a couple of somewhat lesser known places (Etronics for example). Have any of you had any experience with Etronics.com??? They seel the n10 for about ~$70 less than just about anyone else and they sell the 888's for 20 to 50 bucks less than many other sites... Are they any good to buy from, or are they those cheap people that take a decade to ship you the wrong thing, and then they have the totally incompetent customer service people and then................. BLAM!!! (that's my attempt at making a sound effect... that's supposed to be a gunshot btw a bullet in the head sometimes is better than dealing with those damned customer service peeps) Thanks tongue.gif

I've been looking at those and the sony 888's and 71's... I keep hearing mixed reviews about the sony's though, some say that the 71's try to push the bass too much and ends up muffling the sound somewhat, and that the 888's just have little to no bass at all!

both of those r pretty good...the 71's seem sumwhat "muffled" coz of their in-ear structure i think...they force sound down the silicon tube deeper in2 ur ear which in effect duz boost the bass levels considerably higher than open air earbuds but i would'n say that the 888's hav little to no bass @ all..i've owned a pair of 888's myself and am quite happy with them...they sound crisp and clear to me i dunno who said that they had no bass but they sound fine to me... tongue.gif

Also on the topic of purchasing things: What site (online retailer) would you suggest for purchasing my soon to be overused MZ-N10 from? I've been to a few places (the basics: Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc...) and to a couple of somewhat lesser known places (Etronics for example). Have any of you had any experience with Etronics.com???

sorry i can't help you here...i've never bought anything online before since i usually buy most of my stuff from shops while i'm in hk, taiwan, singapore or japan...but from wot i hear in other forums Etronics aren't too bad and they seem to be pretty good with delivering the goods you've purchased...u should ask around for opinions from other users who've purchased stuff from there b4 so that you can be sure they aren't gonna run off with your money or close up shop or sumfin... :?

The 888's are likely the way to go (as im going to order from etronics most likely and this is basically all they offer :cry: ... their portable headphone collection aint much to look at ). I read that thing about the 888's not producing bass well from a customer review on ecoustics.com in case youre all wondering, good plae to check some products out biggrin.gif Thanx for all the help :mrgreen:

Get the 71's... The 70's had the problem with excessive bass and to "mute" highs. The 71's have about the same bass, but the highs are much more clearer! U don't even need to mod them. sony learned and corrected that incident with the 70's... The 71's are the way to go! I love them!

Ugh so that's another vote for the 71's! I just wish i would order one of them and they would make some mistake and send them both =P. I've read good things for both sides and the bass on the 71's has been called better than the 888's plus the price could leave me some extra cash to pick up more md's.... ugh someone needs to make a decision for me sad.gif

hehe..it's entirely up to u...put it this way both headfones r fine for listening to and are a LOT better than the one's that come with your MD... tongue.gif so yeh it really depends on what your tastes in music lie...the 888's are fine for a whole range of music...nice and clear...bass is alright as well...the 71's r for ppl who like more bass...i also just picked up a pair 4 myself 2 use on my md player...not 2 bad either...tho i still prefer y 888's for sum reason...but that's just my opinion.... smile.gif