Does the DR7 lose quality with normal headphones?

Rate this topic

Bazirker

I'm thinking about buying a DR7, but was wondering what the deal is with the headphones jack. I understand why the DR7 comes with the earbuds that have the different stereo plug for the 1-bit amp but was wondering what happens when you use normal headphones with it. I already read up on the amp and stuff, and my guess is that the battery life won't be quite as good and the sound quality won't suffer.

http://www.minidisc.org/classd_amp.html

Guest Anonymous

that's no doubt that it will lose some quility with a normal headphone........'cause it uses 4 conductor headphone plug and jack. Since it's Sharp's high technic, how could you get a full enjoy with a non-Sharp headphone?

i am not an standard Eng speaker.....so do forgive my poor expression if you don't understand my words...... :oops: >_<

let's love Sharp DR7......

i think i agree with Guest...the headfones uses a 4 conductor plug as compared with the normal 3...the 4 allows it 2 seperate the L and R sounds into 2 channels each as opposed to having one for each L & R and one that is split between the L & R channels...(so effectively having 1.5 channels???)