MZ N707 problem , unit stopped functioning

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

my md stopped functioning (n707) it can't load the cd and when i try to switch to another group it displays message "BUSY" for as long as its on, and it also makes tiny ticking noises. i was a a beach party and o dropped the thing couple of times on the sand but the hits weren't hard and some water got it i think when i was switching songs with wet hands plus when we stole canoe some water got on the unit, but i blowed dried the unit after and took it apart and cleaned the thing but still no luck, i think the motors or lens maybe a little disfuntional

Guest Anonymous

I don't know how to fix it, but it sounds like you have some serious problems with your unit. Unless your experienced at repairing electrical components in which case you could repair it yourself after getting your hands on a service manual, I would suggest taking it to a repair centre.

Nick S.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

this is exactly what happened to my minidisc, i dropped it on the sand, and now it just clicks when i try to play, minidiscs hate the sand it seems......... i think i might try cleaning the lens with a md lens cleaner....

You may have sand stuck in the spiral that the laser travels along. Try blowing into the MD unit with some compressed air, otherwise, you'll have to pull it apart to get the sand out.

yep i agree with Nick S. above...try getting a can of compressed air and try blowing out the sand particles...if this doesn't work then remove the top lid of your MD unit and see if you can find anything particles anywhere...if so then try getting it out...if it's in a really tight spot and the blower can't get to it then no choice but to take the whole thing apart and get it out...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

i would take my md to the beach in a bag or pouch md recorders or very sensitive to sand and humidiy and the sand can get in to the md mech and get into the worm gears that move the pick and cause a whole lot of troble the sand have to be removed from the gears in the md for it to work again i can remove sand with a tooth pic and some water